What's new

Ok I need some help

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
All very good ideas. But, they're right...you're going to have to test your hygrometers or else you'll have no idea what you're looking at. The salt test is practically free and I'm sure you've got what you need in the kitchen, so by tomorrow morning you'll know if they're accurate or not.

From the size of your cabinet I don't see how one oasis unit is going to evenly humidify the whole space, even if you have multiple fans, although that would certainly help. How many fans are you running?

Does the oasis have to sit in the bottom? Or can you position it in the middle of the cabinet?

I think Joshua hit it with the idea of a couple of bags of 65% beads strategically placed on the shelves.

But definitely start by calibrating your hygrometers.

Just my $.02

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I would say test the hygros with the boveda packs. Then make a determination. If they are correct, use the oasis with the beads and you should even out.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
FPDoc77 said:
Have you ever felt like you were the last one in on an inside joke?
:rofl: Oh the innocent mind

Oh and I would test out the Hygros first and foremost.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
an accumonitor jr can be installed in the top drawer or shelf of a cabinet. It will outperform any Cigar Oasis product.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Doc, do not waste time with the salt test. It varies too widely depending upon your mixture. Get the calibration packs as previously suggested. You will not be sorry. As for wiping with distilled water, I have always done it. Never had a problem. :smokingbo

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
tobby4 said:
Can you rotate the stash... just in case the humidity is different, rotating would give them all equal time on a specific level...
That's what I was going to say but Clay beat me to it.

Try to think of cooling down your whole house with one A/C unit. It doesn't work...no matter how hard you try. Use a couple bead containers and the small Oust fans and all will be right.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
RonC said:
an accumonitor jr can be installed in the top drawer or shelf of a cabinet. It will outperform any Cigar Oasis product.
The ole Accumonitor Jr...

Stay tuned all for a detailed thread of the acquisition, setup, and performance of this bad boy sometime towards the end of this week. Pics to be included.

:grin:

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I appreciate everyone's advice. I haven't gotten a boveda pack yet but tried moving the hygrometers around. I found that 2 agreed and one is just wayyy off. My bottom shelf is now a nice 66% and my top shelf is 63%. I think I will probably rotate the cigars every so often.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CWS said:
Who carries the Oust Fans?

Oust Air freshner/ fans can be bought in most supermarkets, they are small fans that run off a D cell battery, they are made to use with a air freshener, but you can run them with out the scented canister. The fan will cycle on and off every five minutes, I have one in the top and bottom of my coolerador, they just help move the air around a little.

Dgar, David