What's new

Ok, so help me put together the best selection for the budget

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Long story short, I have about $500 in store credit with my buddy who owns a shop. Instead of just ordering a couple of boxes, I'd like to get a decent selection of fivers or 10 sticks of a few different blends. He carries Padron, Fuente, Ashton, Viaje, Tatuaje, EP Carrillo, etc.

As I prefer smaller ring gauge sticks, I was thinking:

Padron 1926 #35
Padron Family Reserve 85 Yr maduro

But what else? I am most familiar with Padron, and haven't had a single Viaje stick yet. I thought about adding some Tat Cojonu.

Appreciate the feedback gents.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
If he has them, give the 2012 Conjonu a try. Cazadores for the smaller ring gauge is a great smoke. If he is getting the Lil Monsters that would be worth the wait next month.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I'd add Anejo 46, opus petit lancero, El Triunfador #5 and or #6, Tat PCR, Tat Angeles, Tat la riqueza #5, Tat Black PL.

I guess that's a start for some smaller ring sized smokes.

I'd add any and all Liga products if he has them, keeping in mind they run a bit thicker than what you said you like (but they are soooo worth it)

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
La Riqueza - If he has them, but to be honest with you, I would buy them online as you can get them 1/2 to 1/3 price.

Viaje WLP Candela, if he still has them in stock, they are one of my favorite Viaje's, not real strong.

Fuente 858 Sungrown's - Quite tasty, and a decent price. I see them usually go for about $7/stick.

EPC Dark Ritual - I'm like you, I prefer a PC size cigar, but these are damn good. Pricey too though, $15/stick.

EPC Short Runs - Any year, you're pretty good to go, definitely worth a try.

Lil' Monsters - I second these.

Tat's - You're safe here, get a fiver of what you haven't tried, it will be worth it 9 out of 10 times.

Viaje - If you're not a fan of strong cigars, steer clear of the Skull and Bones. If you're looking for something to age though, Viaje's do extremely well with age.

You're set with Padron's if you get the two you listed.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'd add Anejo 46, opus petit lancero, El Triunfador #5 and or #6, Tat PCR, Tat Angeles, Tat la riqueza #5, Tat Black PL.

I guess that's a start for some smaller ring sized smokes.

I'd add any and all Liga products if he has them, keeping in mind they run a bit thicker than what you said you like (but they are soooo worth it)
Haven't had allot of those but the el triunfador #5 and the Angeles are awesome.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Thanks gents. I've had the La Riquezas, but like you said, I can get them much cheaper online. I also feel like the Short Runs come up on Cig Monster quite a bit?

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Thanks gents. I've had the La Riquezas, but like you said, I can get them much cheaper online. I also feel like the Short Runs come up on Cig Monster quite a bit?
Yea, the newer ones do, but if he has the 2009 or 2010's, jump on them! My B&M had one 2009 left that I found hiding in a dark corner, and I was all over it, heh.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I am a big fan of the Tat noella's and the vajae super shot. The anejo's are always a good bet. I also suggest the padron 1964 exclusivo as it is a great stick for the price(for a padron at least)....Hope my suggestions help...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you average it out to about $10 a stick, that's about 50 sticks, 25 2 packs, or 10 5 packs! Imo, I would grab all those posted prior that you haven't tried in 2 packs, then you have one to try now and one to age. Even if you don't like something, you will only have one left of it that is aging and may come around later. If you find something that rocks, go back to your friends store and support him by purchasing more! Either way, have fun with it and enjoy!

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
If you average it out to about $10 a stick, that's about 50 sticks, 25 2 packs, or 10 5 packs! Imo, I would grab all those posted prior that you haven't tried in 2 packs, then you have one to try now and one to age. Even if you don't like something, you will only have one left of it that is aging and may come around later. If you find something that rocks, go back to your friends store and support him by purchasing more! Either way, have fun with it and enjoy!
I love Mark's suggestion for you!

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Some good suggestions already, but I'll throw out Illusione if it's not too late and he has 'em. Either the MK or 68 will suit your smaller ring gauge tendencies. If he has the Epernay line then any of those, most of them are under 50 rg.

Dan