What's new

Old friend

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been a long minute since I re-entered the world of cigars. I’ve been posting over at cigar asylum but thought it polite to say something here as well. The last time I was active online in forums was 2018? That was about the time my health tanked hard.

I was always a big guy keeping a 6’2 frame at over 300lbs. Well by the end of my health crisis I was about 185lbs and looked skeletal. I won’t get into the nasty pus filled details but I lost feeling in both my legs below the knee so now I have to be really careful where I walk. OH and I enjoyed a nice spiral fracture of my left humerus. It’s never good when the trauma surgeon says “I’ve never put such a large piece of fixator on anyone before”
Yeah I wasn’t going for that record. Well, now I take 26 pills a day to stay alive and I’m disabled sadly. It’s hard but I’m still blessed to be here thank God! I started smoking cigars again and found that I missed them and they relaxed me greatly. For the younger guys and gals who don’t know me I go back to the old club stogie days. Those were some fun times so I’m back to just enjoy the hobby. Just wanted to say I missed ya lovely people and hope and pray for the best for you all! God bless you all!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sounds like you've had a hell of a time. Maybe our little community of common interest can take a bit of the load off. Thanks for the post.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tom, i see they let the riff raff in over here as well. i'm just glad to be back online and still alive. if you ever come to florida we are gonna have to meet up.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't have cancer although for a time they thought i had mets to the liver. My issues go back to 2004 when i first got pancreatitis and my pancreas burst and reeked damage all over my internal organs. i was given a less than 10 percent chance to live. my more recent troubles have come in 2018 from getting a subphrenic abscess and was told i'd likely die, got over it, got another sunphrenic abscess and was told it again, got over it and then developed a THIRD abscess and was told much the same and kept on living. i spent one year where i spent an average of 1-2 weeks a month in the hospital for 10 month straight. i spent my 40th birthday in the hospital i was born in which was strange but not bad. my pancreas has almost died. it doesn't make much insulin so i'm a brittle diabetic with neuropathy on both my legs and have no sensation below my knees. They thought i had liver mets but that turned into tumors on my liver that aren't cancerous yet. I've been through it brother and have spent at least one year of my life in hospitals by now. I don't have cancer but cancer is my constant worry. it's only a matter of time but God has been kind to me with that.