What's new

Old guy/New cigar smoker

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys.

Cigarette smoker for 40 years. Quit in 2012. After I quit, I suspected I might end up as a cigar smoker, but stayed off 'em for a couple years for safety sake. Started having a cigar on the golf course last year and this year I've gotten a bit more serious about it, with a couple small (50-ct) humidors reasonably well stocked.

I tend to have 3 smoking venues - the golf course (and post-round patio), dog-walking (I walk my daughter's dog 3 times/week) and my back porch. On the course, I favor a big-ring/medium body/inexpensive (>$4) cigar (e.g., Cigar.com Cuban Label Gordo). Walking the dog, an inexpensive robusto or toro works well (e.g., Bahia Trinidad). After a round or on my back porch is where I can smoke a cigar attentively so I'm good with a pricier smoke and usually a robusto or similar size.

I get nearly all of my cigars online and am still very much in the "try damn near everything" mode though I find my tastes have moved past the "mild" smokes. I've enjoyed a lot of specific sticks, but there are three brands that have consistently hit the mark for me...La Gloria, Punch and E.P. Carrillo.

On a personal note, I'm semi-retired, been married for 34 years (Same woman! Woot!), have 3 grown kids and 3 grandkids (love all 6, but have a growing preference for the grandkids ;)).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard, nice introduction. First stick i'd suggest that i used to really like is the Diesel Unholy Cocktail.
Thanks to you and the other welcome messagers. I've greatly enjoyed the Unholy Cocktails I've had and still have a couple in the humi. Right now however, I'm on the back porch "sippin" on a Punch Gran Cru Pyramide...very nice. I'm thinkin' it's a 2-stick day. May have to flip a coin between the UC and a Nub Habano 464. I love no lose decisions. :)