What's new

Old Heartfelt beads

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Anyone have experience with old Heartfelt beads. I have some from a long time ago brown with age and smelling strongly of cedar. Do they lose their ability to work properly over time or with absorbing humidor scents etc?

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Anyone have experience with old Heartfelt beads. I have some from a long time ago brown with age and smelling strongly of cedar. Do they lose their ability to work properly over time or with absorbing humidor scents etc?
I would bag some up with a hygrometer to check. I'm an advocate for boveda, but if the beads still work, cedar scented heartfelt might be awesome.

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Just to update...
I bought new beads because I needed them anyway. I found that when wet the new beads immediately went clear. The old ones really need a good soaking to rehydrate. Once wet they both keep humidity as expected. Maybe it’s the age causing the hydration issue or something to do with all the cycles they have gone through. The old ones are pretty fractured too. It time to put them out to pasture I think. RIP my first Heartfelt beads, you will be remembered.