What's new

Oliva Cain F lancero

Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Additional photography, check cigarphoto.net

This week we are photographing and reviewing one of my favorite vitolas and always enjoyable brand – Oliva Cain F lancero. In May of 2011, I attended a local Studio Tobac event with the Ambassador himself – Bryan ‘The Show’ Scholle and Dave Wagner – Oliva’s VP of Sales in attendance. Both were extremely generous with different Studio Tobac projects and I was able to walk away with few samples of Oliva Cain F lancero and some. I smoked my first sample couple weeks after the event and second for this review. Both experiences were similar with latter being more enjoyable and ‘refined.’

The construction of the cigar was close to perfect. From visual perspective, carefully applied cap, toothy-free wrapper, no visible veins nor seams gave this lancero high marks right out of the gate. After clipping and lighting it, I was introduced to a perfect draw. Considering difficulty of lancero format, another plus ! In flavor department, wow … if you enjoy spice and pepper, this is your ultimate ‘poison.’ From the very first to the very last puff, overwhelming, in a good way, amount of spice. There were some notes of woodiness and small bits of floral taste toward the end but i can not stress enough the amount of spice. Burn was perfect and did not need any touchups – another extra plus. Ash, which was extremely light in color, was fairly tight and would fall down in 1.5″ chunks.

The last few and frequent puffs to get the last photograph made me realize that this cigar was not only shining with the spice but it was also packing major strength, at least in my case. I will definitely include Oliva Cain F lancero in my rotation and if you enjoy spicy / full strength cigars, consider a box purchase.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Definitely stoked for these, despite not loving the Cain brand as a whole, I just hear too many good things about this particular vitola.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Definitely stoked for these, despite not loving the Cain brand as a whole, I just hear too many good things about this particular vitola.
Same here... not a Cain fan, but have heard a lot of good things about this size.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Agreed Brooks. Amazing the difference between the 2. The lancero to me didn't seem any stronger but it did seem more "complete" if that makes any sense. I was very impressed with it.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Sounds like everyone is on the same page. Cain F - meh, Cain F lancero - winner. Overall flavor / strength / price-point package make this cigar a no brainer. Box worthy !

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
You know, I would love to say that the stick in question is good, or bad, but I cannot accurately give any kind of a description on your great review. This stick was the last cigar I smoked on the Nicaragua trip of the 9 cigar day. I really am kicking myself, seeing the nice review of different flavors, and nottable mentions. I wish I had saved this stick until I got home with a fresh pallet, but I thought the strength of this cigar might shine through at the end of the night. It was really cool as these were not released yet in January, and we got a sneak peak....I suck :cursing: