What's new

Oliva Saison cigar

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Has anyone tried the Oliva Saison robusto? I am considering a purchase because I like the Oliva line of cigars, especially the Oliva V and Master Blend 3 series. I noticed the Saison is selling for considerably less than the V series. I'm wondering if this is because they are crappy or are they just pushing a new product to generate interest. Any reviews or information would be appreciated. Thanks

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I bought a single a little while back. I don't remember it being "crappy" but to me, it is not a V replacement / substitute. It just didn't wow me like the V does. I would not go out of my way to buy a bunch more. At the same time, if I had one I would pitch it in the trash either. Maybe you could buy a few to try before buying a box?

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Well,. the 'devils web site' was selling a box of 20 for 28 bucks, so how could I refuse, right? So when I check it out this morning I find your response ( I suspected they would be viewed as a poor substitute for the V series), and the price has jumped to 55 bucks. Suddenly I'm not interested. Thanks for the response.

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Are these new? I've not heard of them yet
Not sure how new but CI has them. I'm pretty local to CI and usually go there once a month for a cigar and drinks. So I gave it a try. Maybe they are a CI exclusive stick?

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
My best advice with any cigar cheep or expensive is to try one first as only your palate will decide weather or not you like them. I have been burned many times buying a box in the past relying on others opinions but that's just my 2 cents.

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
my best advice with any cigar cheep or expensive is to try one first as only your palate will decide weather or not you like them. I have been burned many times buying a box in the past relying on others opinions but that's just my 2 cents.
this^^^^ I smoked one since my b&m has them and its not for me but not a total wash gonna buy a few more and let them rest a bit before I jump on another.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had one tonight (Robusto) and they are not as tasty as the other Oliva lines but they are a decent smoke for the price. They definitely can use some rest to see how they develop.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I just picked up one of these at a local cigar lounge (and a previous poster said they got one at their B&M). I had never heard of it, and just bought it because I knew I should buy something there if I was going to smoke there (I actually smoked one that I brought along). It'll likely be a while 'til I get around to trying it, but my question is this: If these are a CI exclusive, does this mean that the cigar lounge owner actually bought the box from CI (for next to nothing!) and put it on his shelf? I hesitate to say how much he was selling these for... Suffice it to say I paid way too damned much! I console myself by noting that it's a very nice bar/lounge area, and there aren't too many places up here in frozen-tundra-land to smoke inside, so I do hope they keep afloat. But, man...

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
I believe they are a CI exclusive, and are basically seconds of another "unnamed" Oliva cigar... Other B&M's may carry them like they do the 5 Vegas that CI owns...