What's new

Oliva Serie O

The BurgerMeister

the devil is a busy man.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is a robusto-sized vitola.

there's a beautiful silky and dark wrapper on this very well constructed cigar... that being said, this cigar is too tight. i poked it and massaged it, and it's still a little too tight. the flavor's not bad at the start.

a little further in, the burn is nice and even, the aroma's good, and the draw's gotten much better as i've reached the halfway point. it's a full-bodied smoke, with notes of pepper, peat, and molasses. not the best, but by far not the worst flavors i've come across. i've had other cigars with similar flavor combos that have failed to impress. i think a nice glass of Gosling's Black Seal would go well with the Oliva O. as a matter of fact...

yes. very nice. brings out the sweetness. :)

as i was walking to the liquor cabinet, i noted a taste of chocolate in the finish. quite nice!
the wrapper cracked a little while i was trying to fix the draw, but it didn't effect the smoke at all. the burn has gotten a little uneven at times, but it has corrected itself quickly every time. the ash is dark gray and somewhat flaky now, though it was nice and tight for the first half.

overall, this is a warm and heavy tasting cigar with a good bit of sweetness. it burns well enough, and i enjoyed it despite the draw issues.

Oliva Serie O... GRADE: B

SPECS:
size: 5x50 (robusto)
filler: Nicaragua
binder: Nicaragua
wrapper: Nicaragua

:thumbsup:

Attachments

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
These are the smokes I keep around to give out to my cigar mooching friends they are always a big hit and for 2 bucks plus change when they are up on the monster they are a good cigar for the price. Thanks for the review Cheers DAN

The BurgerMeister

the devil is a busy man.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are the smokes I keep around to give out to my cigar mooching friends they are always a big hit and for 2 bucks plus change when they are up on the monster they are a good cigar for the price. Thanks for the review Cheers DAN
that's a good idea... i think that might actually be what they were initially intended to be!:ccool:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Serie O is my favorite of the O, G and V lines I've heard great things about V maduro and Master Blends but so far the O takes it both Maduro and Sungrown

Great review