What's new

Oliva series G and V...is it just me?

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Sorry to hear you have had a bad time with Oliva. I love them. I would say try the O and the V again. But if you do not like them, it might not be your taste.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've smoked the Oliva Special G several times and I enjoy it. I have a churchill Serie G in the humi resting.

Different smokes for different folks. Oliva blends may just not be for you.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
The V lancero is one of my favs, and the box price is a steal considering you get 36 smokes. I smoked a non maduro G last night ans was not as impressed as I had been a few years back, but the bottom half was good.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Oliva V was never my thing... correct me if i'm wrong but don't they just put a bunch of Ligero in it and call it a day?

I know the ones I've smoked have kicked my a** but it seemed one dimensional. The flavor was very strong but unbalanced.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I am a big fan of the Serie V's. I find that they are pretty consistent. I usually smoke the torpedos but I just found the Oliva Serie V Ligero Special V Figurado
from cigarmonster for 119 shipped. So i had to take advantage of it. I have never smoked these before but i hope they are just as good. Any one smoke these ones before?

Attachments

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Oliva V has always been a great smoke for me. Are you sure that you had the Oliva V maduro? They only come in boxes of 10 and are a special addition cigar. The regular V is sun grown rapper.QUOTE]

For the most Part I have been a little disapointed with Oliva however I love the Master Blends II, and the Limited "V" Maduro. Again, are you sure that's the V you had?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just smoked a Casa Magna Oscuro Toro and it was yummy. My point is I'm now smoking the Series G Torpedo and, though milder because it lacks the spice of the CM, it is quite good too.

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0
The V's are some of my favorites, but I find most all of the Olivas to be solid. My first full box purchase of anything was the V lanceros. About the only one in the lineup I really dont care for is the G Maduro.

Chas

Bon Vivant
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant seem to have a good experience with Oliva brand cigars
And after all the great things I hear about them from everyday smokers and the magazine rankings, I feel almost sacrilege saying that..

It is just me? Or does anyone else care less about the Olivia series V and G’s ?
Know what you mean BonesBoy - I like Oliva - right now - but at this time Cohiba leaves me a bit cold. Our tasters vary and since you mentioned you had a big pasta meal - I suspect carb loading had coated your tongue with many strange elements. - As much as I like a good cigar after a great meal, or a great cigar after a good meal, one needs to consider what's going on with the old palate and what sort of smoke and drink works with that circumstance.

I'm sure you know that many cigar smokers are quite opinionated about what constitutes a good cigar - often that opinion is sculpted by what they think others might think or say. I know I've turned my nose up at what some folks were smoking, but I have to remind myself - "I wouldn't dream of telling them how to drink their coffee - that's their business - same with cigars."

Just try 'em all BonesBoy - and I do mean - ALL (or do I mean AKK?) ~:0)

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I had my first V maduro last week and I really enjoyed it... lots of spice and coffee tastes.

But if you don't like it, you don't like it. They are pretty easy to avoid! ;)