What's new

Oliva SerieV Figurado

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Thought you guys might like to see a few pics of this cigar. I've never been a big Oliva fan, but this cigar looked unreal. Very oily wrapper and it smelled wonderful. Plus the shape. At $8 I had to pick a couple up. I had never heard of em.:waving:

P.S. A teensie bit smaller than a Fuente BBMF

Attachments

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Glad to be of service.... Our after work B&M shop has a very limited selection, but the entire Oliva line is available. This one in particular is one of my favorites. Great draw, even burn and nice thick smoke. I like this size for the after work Herf, because I am slightly limited on time, and I can finish it in 45 minutes or so. My wife busted me when I smoked a CAO Mx2 Belicoso. At 7x52 it took me 2 hours to put it down. Needless to say I was home late from work. When I join the Pay it forward I will be sure to include one of these Olivas.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Glad to be of service.... Our after work B&M shop has a very limited selection, but the entire Oliva line is available. This one in particular is one of my favorites. Great draw, even burn and nice thick smoke. I like this size for the after work Herf, because I am slightly limited on time, and I can finish it in 45 minutes or so. My wife busted me when I smoked a CAO Mx2 Belicoso. At 7x52 it took me 2 hours to put it down. Needless to say I was home late from work. When I join the Pay it forward I will be sure to include one of these Olivas.

My bad this is a differnet that the one I've had. I just picked up 2 today. I was thinking of a different stick. These look great in person. But certainly not a short story smoke

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
This is the new line they are introducing this year at special events and will formally be released at the RTDA. Some B&M's have a limited supply of the Serie V. I think I have three of the beauties stashed away in my humidor right now. Also reviewed the Serie V Figurado a couple weeks back.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Also reviewed the Serie V Figurado a couple weeks back.

Jack's review is right on. It took me over an hour to nub it, and was pleased the entire time. Perfectly even burn, and a typical indestructible Oliva ash. This was one of the smoothest large size cigars I've had. I was expecting it to knock me on my ass, and thankfully it did not. I did get a good buzz, but that may have been helped along by the scotch. I bought it at my B&M who carries an extensive selection of Olivas. I paid $13 for it, but I'm sure it can be found for less. My B&M suffers from the Orange County Mark UP. Mainly due to being righht in the middle of the Irvine Business district. I pay several dollars more there than anywhere else, but he has only the good stuff. Cheapest smoke he has is a $6 Oliva. I will deffinetly be smoking this one again.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I can get them for under $7 :)

Well La dee da. I'm going broke over here and Jack can get my smokes half price. Not only that he just picked up more free smokes at the RTDA, for free, than my humi could hold. Jack is livin the life. Of course I have the SoCal beach 5 miles from home. I'll guess I'll live.:stretchgr

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I was in my local B&M today talking about Master Blends. They told me to come back in a couple weeks because they will have the Master Blends V. Has anyone heard about that or were they referring to the Serie V? I asked about a OMB 4 and they told me they were wondering about them too. Needless to say I'm a little confused. Has anyone heard of an OMB 4 or an OMB V?

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I was in my local B&M today talking about Master Blends. They told me to come back in a couple weeks because they will have the Master Blends V.
No way that's true. Dale did an interview with Jose' Oliva on the Dogwatch Social Club and Jose' said they are still working on the blend for the MB V's. If memory serves, he said those won't be out till mid or late '08. Oh and that's a totally different line from the Serie V's. :widemouth

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to try one. I'm an original Oliva whore!

Steve

I got a robusto today! It was part of a sweet sampler of six and I'm smoking it now. At first, I could really taste the ligero but after about an inch it melded into the rest of the blend. And a very nice blend it is, too! Razor sharp burn and wonderful full taste, smooth after the first inch, and pretty strong in the vitamin N dept.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I picked up 4 from my local b&m and I smoked one of them. I must say I hope the rest are better. I was very dissapointed. The construction on the one I smoked was horrible, very uneven and underfilled. The Oliva Master Blends are among my favorite smokes but their series V...not so good. Again, hopefully the others are better and I won't judge on just 1 cigar.

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I had a series V Torpedo/Belicoso 2 weeks ago and I actually loved it, I didn't expect that much from them, but it was mmm mmm goooood. nice and spicy, great burn and smooth draw, just the way me likes

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
From the Serie O to the Master Blends... I am an Oliva fan. Other than one with a wrapper problem, I have never had one that I did not nub. I am certain this one will be a winner.