What's new

On Deck Sticks

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
@Texican did you take note of the above comment??? Some deep insight into what you've got going on here. Very important!
Yeah...I spent most of yesterday deeply weighing if my upcoming cigars would positively impact the rest of the world. Ultimately I decided that they would, and so I plan on smoking them as usual...but this time with a sense of deep contentment, as doing so will inevitably change the course of humanity for the better.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Some burn issues lately, even with dry boxing my sticks for 10 days before smoking. I took an RH reading inside the house. 58% RH at 75 degrees. So the ambient RH is lower than inside my humidor, which is a good start for dryboxing and answers the question of whether or not I'm actually making the sticks wetter outside the humi.

@Boudie - my fellow denizen of hellish humidity, how long do you drybox?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@Texican no set time I keep a bunch of cigars at 62 and just smoke what I want. What kind of burn issues, some cigars just burn wonky, the nature of the cigar. If you are at 58 leave a couple on your desk outside of the humidor and see if it improves.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
@Texican no set time I keep a bunch of cigars at 62 and just smoke what I want. What kind of burn issues, some cigars just burn wonky, the nature of the cigar. If you are at 58 leave a couple on your desk outside of the humidor and see if it improves.
They need relights like 2-3 times and get a little bitter.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That could be the oils and remaining moisture in the cigar accumulating at the nub end. Generally a sign of smoking too fast. Really dark wrappers heavy with oil could also cause that problem. We all have had cigars that just burn like crap, normally I make a note and don't reorder them