What's new

On-Site Humidor

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Hey Guys, I am doing a little research and sampling here. Please feel free to put some input here. My question; how much is acceptable to charge for on-site humidor services? I am thinking annually here. A wall of lockers like you see in some joints, for cigars purchased on site as well as spirits. Name plaque on your respective locker and all that. 2 different sizes...we will call them reg and large. How much do you think is an acceptable annual price for such a service?

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Completely depends on the caliber of shop. If it's a shithole with no lounge then you can't charge much. If it's a high scale lounge then you can charge as much as you want. A lot of factors would have to go in to deciding annual fee... as in what features does the lounge offer

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only lounges around here that offer that require you to be a member which runs anywhere from $250-$450 per year. You have to be an annual member as well. The lounges with monthly memberships don't offer that service if you are only a monthly.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Would they be offering "specials" to the members? Discounts, events, priority on items in stock, surprises left in their lockers (I believe one friend told me sometimes random new sticks would be gifted out) and so on.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Great idea Yodis. The shop would be very upscale. 2 floors. Bottom floor would be about a 20 tap craft brew bar with whiskeys and bourbons and all that as well. Up stairs would be the lounge, with a smaller bar and television and all the things a lounge should be. The entire place would be decked out in chocolate and white leathers. Very classy. Even the bartenders would be in classy attire. No half dressed chick behind the bar. Members would receive discounts on brews on certain days and general discounts on cigar purchases. First shot at new stuff and exclusive smokers with brand reps. Sooooo....now how much would an annual membership locker be worth?

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
When I was working on my MBA one of the projects I had to put together was a business plan. Mine was for a shop with a private club in it with lockers. What I ended up doing was having a three tier membership with pricing ranging from $200-$400. The low end was strictly social with discounts no locker while, the high end was a full membership with a large locker and guest privileges. There were two or three other private clubs in the area and I actually called them to see if they would be willing to offer reciprocals to their club for the mid and high end members. Never got past the plan stage, but if NYS taxes didn't suck so hard I probably would have done it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If I was able to get a store wide discount on brews and smokes, and a heads up, on incoming htf smokes, and the occasional bomb in the locker, then I would be willing to spend 3-500 a year on a locker at my local B&M. I would probably spend at least what the locker would cost per year there anyway without any discounts, getting a discount justices you want to spend more money cause your "saving" money on every purchase, lol

xFreebirdx

Patriot Guard Rider
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Thanks for the info...my business plan was quite low it seems. I tried to reach out to several shops with no avail. I was around $150 but it looks like I was lowballing the hell out of myself.
It doesn't hurt to keep it low as a special to the first 10 or the fist 3rd of your lockers. Then raise the prices for the rest of them. Hopefully you'll lock in some hardcore customers making them feel special and all. Or have the prices low with no perks or few perks. Then have some packages with a lot of perks but those lockers will cost more.

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I pay $350 a year for my social membership. The locker is $50 additional (lockers are all the same size). With that membership I get a 10% discount on anything I buy. I get 24 hour access to the member lounge area, free wifi and cable tv - there is also free beer on tap, refrigerator, microwave, bathroom. With the social membership I can also bring a guest into the member only lounge anytime.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Great idea Yodis. The shop would be very upscale. 2 floors. Bottom floor would be about a 20 tap craft brew bar with whiskeys and bourbons and all that as well. Up stairs would be the lounge, with a smaller bar and television and all the things a lounge should be. The entire place would be decked out in chocolate and white leathers. Very classy. Even the bartenders would be in classy attire. No half dressed chick behind the bar. Members would receive discounts on brews on certain days and general discounts on cigar purchases. First shot at new stuff and exclusive smokers with brand reps. Sooooo....now how much would an annual membership locker be worth?
I have no idea as we don't have anything like that where we live. However whatever it is your planning I like the sound of it.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I pay $250 a year.. That includes a humidified locker.. And access to a very nice lounge.. As well as guest privileges...

To be honest, I don't smoke there a whole lot during warmer months.. But it gives me a nice refuge in the winter.. And access to all the club exclusive events (about a dozen a year).. As well as pretty decent store discounts and deals that are club exclusives... So it's well worth the price (I save probably the equivalent of the annual membership fee in the discounts and deals alone..)...

The lounge is also an excellent "networking" location... Many of the "who's who" of the local area are members and frequent the lounge... A lot of business gets done there..

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Thanks for the support guys. This will be a long journey for sure, and I will have to work my ass off to even start the process. I am hoping to maybe even get into the industry before I start this venture to learn while I make money and plan....or work for a brewery during the process...that would ok too lol

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
The place I use has large and small lockers they are 800/500 and after the first year it drops to 400/250.... Most people split a locker 2-3 ways... The large locker also features a nice pull out drawer... Needless lo say our Large locker has boxes Tetris'd in it...

One incentive is the first year you get half back of your total locker purchase in store credit.

Never looked into the other shops locally but I've heard they are cheaper... One shop that's an hr away offers a in house rolled stick put in the locker every month.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
so if you get half back in in-store credit...the prices are the same of 400/250...they are just forcing you to buy from them basically. Clever...though I do not think I could pull something like that off just opening up. I am loving the suggestions everyone! Keep them coming