What's new

On the verge of a new slope. UPDATED 10-12-2008

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Well, as I posted before, I'm curious as to pipe smoking and decided to follow the advice already given to me. I just came back from the B&M with 2 pipes, some tobacco, some cleaners and a 3-in-1 tool. Ted was kind enough to suggest to me a variety of tobacco to get, though the bloody store had little to few tobacco types other than flavored (loads of these, though), and even worse, it's the only one I know which sells pipe and pipe tobacco. I got some Burley, Black Cavendish and Vanilla flavored ones (by the way, Ted; if ye'd be kind enough to tell me which ones to smoke in the same pipe, I'd appreciate it a blood load). As for the pipes, I got a London Docks bent billiard and they also sold me a Savinelli billiard. I proceded to ask the sales gal if she'd be kind enough as to show me how to pack it, but I found the explanation a tad unlike what I had read previously on the subject. She said I should pack a tad of tobacco and press it good with the tamper, then poke it a blood load and light, puff and let go off. Then I should do it again 2 more times until the tobacco was about 1 cm below the rim and start smoking it. Anyways, I'm open to any suggestions, comments and the sort and will keep ye updated on the matter.

Last edited:

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Take a look at these:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJP0JaNRw6Q"]YouTube - Frank Method 1 of 3[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U5QbtyNxhA"]YouTube - Frank Method 2 of 3[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Thanks on the videos, Ray! Very usefull since I am about to light up a bowl of Burley right now.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Well, that was a bloody neat smoke, I must say (didn't want to go to work to have another one). Quite different from cigars, though. Sweet, yet not sugary, as well as flavourfull, with a thick and cool smoke. I'm liking this...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the method in the video - I found it to be better for me than the oft recommended gravity fill/tamp x3 method. I think generally it provides more air space for me at the bottom of the pipe, seems to work better.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
at least a day or so, I think. You don't want to have it turn sour on you. It's best to have a few pipes to rotate through.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I knew that, therefore I got two. Only thing is I wasn't aware of how much time to give 'em between smokes. Thanks, D.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Great vid but I'm sorry I must;
Tank you for callin Franks tobacco shop, I'm not in right now, I'm killing tobacco. If you want pipes you've come to da right place. If you want cigarrrrs Great. If you want flowers Shat Up. Or I'll Cream ya face in! If you wan't to smoke a pipe listen uppp!!!!!! Frank teach you da right way, or else I punch your face in. :riflefire

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Great vid but I'm sorry I must;
Tank you for callin Franks tobacco shop, I'm not in right now, I'm killing tobacco. If you want pipes you've come to da right place. If you want cigarrrrs Great. If you want flowers Shat Up. Or I'll Cream ya face in! If you wan't to smoke a pipe listen uppp!!!!!! Frank teach you da right way, or else I punch your face in. :riflefire
Ye completely lost me.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I was insinuating that Frank may be Arnolds brother from his voice!
And now I teach you to use da pipe!

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
maybe this will help!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVA7MDQr1Nc"]YouTube - Arnolds Pizza Shop[/ame]

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Second bowl gone up in smoke. This time it was the vanilla flavored tobacco. Completely different from the first one, and very aromatic, leaving the room smelling quite neat and me little brother liking the smell of tobacco for the first time (soon brother, soon...); BUT, I did not like it as much for smoking. Ye could barely taste the tobacco's true flavour, letting ye alone with the vanilla flavour and that's it; the smoke was harsh and hot, gave me tongue bite (which was me fault for smoking it too fast, but still...) and, overall, not half as good as the Burley. If I want to try more flavored tobacco, I'll stick to hookahs. Next one will be the Cavendish. I'll keep ye posted.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I really am! One bowl more and I'll have tried all I bought (ALL 3 of 'em :jitb:) and surely going down a bloody slope again.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
A'right, mates; I had tonight me bowl of Black Cavendish pipe tobacco and must say it is much better than the vanilla one. Rich flavor and a thick smoke, with a mild hint of sweetness that I really enjoyed. Deeper profile than the Burley, though I believe I enjoyed the first one better (not that I did not love the latter!). So, as of now I am on the search of, not only cigars and information on them, but on pipe tobacco and it's information as well (this'll be a bloody ride).