What's new

One box, less than 75USD

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My humi is extremely dry, and I don't have much to spend, so I'm looking for the most bang for my buck here...Even better if any of you guys are needing to downsize a little bit, and have a sampler up for sale, I didn't notice anything on the board...

drew

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am a fan of the Fuente lines, and was looking at a box of Rothschilds....I prefer full bodied, strong smokes...I've had some good experiences with Ghurka and RP..Don't think I have tried an LPH black yet..

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am a fan of the Fuente lines, and was looking at a box of Rothschilds....I prefer full bodied, strong smokes...I've had some good experiences with Ghurka and RP..Don't think I have tried an LPH black yet..
Sounds as if you like the same things I like. For my money, the Fuente Chateaus are worth the tiny bit more that they cost than the Rothschilds. Also, since you like strong cigars, for about a buck a stick more (at MSRP), the Double Chateaus are a much bigger stick and seem to me to pack a while lot more of a wallop in the Vitamin N department. I smoke them and RP Edges regularly (both in maduro), and the Chateaus seem to leave me a lot more buzzed than the Edges, despite the Edge's hype.

Another good buy is Edge Seconds or Selects (or Box Outs or X-Outs), but they are hard to find in stock these days.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
La Perla Habana Black Pearl Rojo
Gran Habano #5
Cusano Corojo 97 or 18

All good smokes at good prices.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You could get almost any 5 Vegas cigar for under 75USD at Cigar.com
Obviously, taste is totally an individual thing. For me, the 5 Vegas are somewhere between a tolerable yard 'gar and awful. I lit up a Series A toro this morning, smoked about an inch, and tossed it. But hey, that's just me. However, I have a hard time seeing anyone who likes Fuentes also liking 5 Vegas.

FWIW.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try some RP Factory Selects from Famous. I got some robustos a month ago and their already smoking good. They look and smoke great. The only difference I can see between these and firsts is no band or box.

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I wound up winning a coupla bids over on the devil site, some Leon Jiminez no.2, and Punch Grand Cru Magnums...Should tide me over ;-)...I'm resisting the urge to order a box of the RP Edge seconds..

drew

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For the price range ($75-ish) and flavor preference (full bodied, strong) you're talking about, I'd highly recommend the Dominican Partagas Black. CI sells a box of 20 in the "Magnifico" 6.0 x 54 size for $68.95, so you'd be right at $76 shipped.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=CS-P4&cat=3

I :love: that cigar.
I had a funny experience with the Partagas Blacks. I really loved the first few that I had. Then I suddenly stopped liking them. I don't know if they changed or if I did... :dunno:

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Damn you guys...steer him the right way...

PADRON! You can get the 2000 for just what you are wanting to pay and they are awesome! The 3000 is just a hair more...

sorry, end of rant...