What's new

One year with SensorPush

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my SensorPush remote hygrometer in my walnut Waxing Moon (Waxing Cressent model 150 count) humidor. I thought I would share the first year data graph. There were over 167,000 readings posted over the year. For the first half of the year, I used Heartfelt beads (65% RH) for humidity control. You can see from the graph it was a bumpy ride. Then in December and January, the beads kept running out of moisture. I would add distilled water to them and they humidity would spike up and drop. The cycle continued. I even added a half-pound of beads and I just couldn’t get the humidity to hold.

So I went to Boveda pack, two 320 gram, 72% boxes and the humidity finally heal around 69%. When April came around, the humidity started to rise to 70%, so I changed out the 72% boxes to 69%. Looking at the graph, you can clearly see the difference between the beads and the consistency of the Boveda packs. The big drop in humidity was the day I changed out to Boveda. I installed the two boxed I’m the lid and rotated my cigars around. You can see the results.

The temperature fluctuates quite a bit. I keep the humidor in the basement near my home office. It is just outside the office. I get quite a bit of temp variances. You can see in the graph when I turn on the AC. There are quick drops in temp. When the temp drops, the Boveda packs kick in. If the air inside the humidor is 70 and the humidity is 68% and I turn on the AC the temp may drop to 68. Without removing moisture in the air of the humidor the RH would actually rise. With the drop in temp, the Boveda packs must take moisture out of humidor’s air. If you look at the graph for the day you can see it in action.

I really like the set and forget capability of the SensorPush. It tells me if something critical happens and I can see trending data. The beads were not bad but the spike in giving off humidity and I needed to keep adding distilled water. My observation and experience proves out that Boveda, when you have enough packs, provide very consistent humidity control. I could probably use just one 320 gram pack but since you can’t over humidify ( unless the package is full and saturated) it doesn’t hurt to use more than the minimum.

This is my experience and mine alone. You situation is different. I just wanted to share how I can use the SensorPush data to help manage the environment in my wood humidor.
7EB82797-F047-4239-A50B-B8D91DEED213.png

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting how stable the Bovedas are in comparison. Honestly, if it weren't for Boveda I wouldn't even bother with cigars. They just make it so easy.

Very interesting info!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Love this write up - Im using wireless sensor tags in my Wineador with some Home Automation. I love the graphing options and cant wait to see what it looks like a year in.