What's new

OneOff cigars

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Bought a few of these robustos many month ago as they were on closeout special at an online site where I was placing another order. I think the big marketing angle with these was that they were grown 100% organically. I came across them in the bottom of my desktop humi yesterday.

I don't recall exactly which ones these were, but I do remember they came packaged in sets of three in a triangular cardboard box. No bands, just cello.

After cutting the end, I noticed something odd right off the bat ... the binder leaf was olive green in color - almost candela. This is something I've never seen in my many years of smoking cigars.

Not sure if it was the cause, but the first third of the cigar was rather bitter and grassy tasting. I was almost ready to put it out when the flavors started getting better. The remainder was pretty decent - tobacco with some coffee and dark chocolate flavors.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I first tasted on of these as a giveaway at the 2004 Big Smoke in las Vegas. It was a petit corona with a simple band adorned by a peace sign. My son and I enjoyed these samples very much but could not find them anywhere. Move up to 2006 and CI had a sale on the Oneoff Laguito #1 - 7.5 X 38. We order a box and viola they were stamped 2004. We continue to smoke through the box. Very nice cigar with spice and a leather. Medium body at best but very enjoyable.

Thanks for reminding me about these Ted.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I bought some on closeout too, 12 of the Cervantes size.

I smoked one, didn't care for it at all, but didn't give it as much a chance as you did. I'll try another one someday, and give the rest away if the second one isn't better.

gpugliese

Beware the penguins...
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
One of the B&M's in Boston that I go to used to have the entire line of these things. Then, maybe 6 months ago they were on the floor in shopping bags on half off clearance to "make room for the new line". I haven't seen them anywhere since, and I'm kicking myself for not buying some at half off.

Full MSRP plus MA tax was a little expensive, but 50&#37; off was reasonable.

I think they had or have a sales office in Boston.