What's new

online liquor stores

scottsins

Official BOTL Consigliere
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
anyone got any recommendations?

the liquor store in town gets $62.00/btl for Dalmore Cigar Malt scotch, but I found a site selling it for $36.00.

I hate to pay the full retail on the stuff, but I wonder if there are "counterfeit" issues?

I would think not, due to regulations, but I wanted to be sure.

scottsins

Official BOTL Consigliere
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Tnaks. Great prices there.

Picked up a 4-pack of the trendy new champagne called "POP", by Pommery for 30 bucks too.

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
not only did i not notice those "charts" when i was on that page looking, but once you pointed them out, i could'nt make heads nor tails either...

zone 8 "1" "2"
1, 2, what?
All i can see is the cheapest is $10, so if thats on one bottle and gets worse from there... ain't no deals in the place.

shatfield

Toast? Nope, Burnt!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Damn, anyone want to send me some? Virginia's liquor stores are state owned, so we can't have it shipped to us.

Kingston

Surly
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Alright
If you're in Zone 8
the shipping starts at 1 bottle $11.75

for 2 bottles total shipping is:
$12.50

for 3 bottles total shipping is:
$15.75

for 4 bottles total shipping is:
$17.75

for 5 bottles total shipping is:
$20.75

for 6 bottles total shipping is:
$22.75

So after the initial cost, they ad a couple of bucks for each bootle. Don't just order one bottle, and factor the total cost in.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Just to clear this issue up. Hitimewine.com is the place. I work about 15 minutes from thier B&M location. The place is epic. Imagine a realy good liquor store on steroids. When I first went there it was like the sky opend up and the heavens shown down, the angels were singing, i could have died happy. This place has an enormous humidor( the size of my master bedroom, and all the cigar acessories you could wish for. They have a walk in beer fridge (bigger than my living room) that holds 750 domestic beers and over 1000 imported beers. I just called then and got number on thier wine cellar ( the biggest on the west coast) they estimate over 50,000 bottles of wine ranging from $4 to $3,500. The liqour aisles are like a small grocery store. 1 aisle for scotch, the left side for blended and the right for single malts. Thge you have an iasle for bourbon and irish/canadian whiskey. One for Vodka and Gin. another for rum and brandy. The place is nuts. I used to take people ther for lunch and it alwayys tok over an hour to look around. They also have everything you could need to stock a bar, glasses, bar sets, etc. A chocolate and Cheese bar. If anyone is ever in Orange County I will gladly meet you and take you there. This is a must see on any SoCal vacation. I can not say enough good things about this place. Oh yeah thier prices smoke everyones, even BevMo (beverages and more) which is a big grocery store style place, F the big corp establishment. HiTime is run by the people for the people. I stand by "if it's not here you don't need it"

If you need me to grab you something let me know, but since they ship, they may have better garantees than i can offer.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I used to use them when they would ship spirits outside of california, I think they only ship inside of california now.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I used to use them when they would ship spirits outside of california, I think they only ship inside of california now.
If they only ship in CA, then send me a PM of anything you see on thier site and I'll make sure you get it. I'm looking for an excuse to go there.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Some places will ship almost anywhere, just a matter of how they do it. Can't believe someone bumped this thread, lol. Anyone ever hear from Gonz, he just dropped off the face...