What's new

Online pay service

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I am finding that the online pay service many have used is now wanting personal bank information; including password. I am not comfortable about divulging this kind of info. Have any of you had any problems over this? Are any of you also concerned? In the past, I could just pay with a credit card and pay the fee but can't do it now.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Did the request for information come from the web site, or by email? If it's an email it probably isn't really from them. Their bank authentication involves routing and account numbers, they have no need or use for your online banking credentials.

Do you know how th verify a site's SSL certificate to make sure they are who they say they are?

-Charles

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
is now wanting personal bank information; including password.

Highly doubtful that's actually poopal wanting that. Sounds like a phishing scam. poopal has absolutely no use for your banking password. All they need is your routing and account number to run their transactions.

This is a cut and paste right from their security page:

Information Poopal will never request in an email:
Credit and debit card numbers
Bank account numbers
Driver's license numbers
Email addresses
Passwords
Your full name

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I am on their website and to confirm my account this is what is stated on their site:

"Confirm instantly
If you have online banking with Bank of America, we can confirm your account instantly.

We'll ask you to provide your bank login information on the next page.

Note: P** P** will not save this information."

I am trying to get a payment to a brother today for a trade and I don't like this.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I am on their website and to confirm my account this is what is stated on their site:

"Confirm instantly
If you have online banking with Bank of America, we can confirm your account instantly.

I am trying to get a payment to a brother today for a trade and I don't like this.
Huh, that may actually be legit:

http://tinyurl.com/3d93b2t

I still wouldn't give them that information, though. Third-party sites should never get access to your passwords.

Rating - 100%
159   0   0
The difference is the "instant" verification. Do it the long way. Takes a few days. Give them the routing number and the account number. They deposit two times into your account (mine were 6 and 12 cents). You go on-line and input the amounts and become verified. Two-three days.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0

"Confirm instantly

Thats BS brother...I get thoes all the time as well. You can even call bank of America which is what I did and they said they have no idea what that is about. Not to mention I don't even use Bank of America for online transactions.
SCAM!!