What's new

Only allowed one Opus!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Stopped by the Tampa Sweethearts shop in Ybor City (owned and operated by Fuente) to see if the Opus had been released. Was told they had. They only had the Robusto, and I could have one.

So I bought my one, plus two Maduro Works of Art, also hard to find.

Now I'll have to drive down there tomorrow and see if I can get another.

What a great marketing scheme Fuente has going with the Opus!

Mike

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
At least your shop has Opus in stock. My local shops have not seen nor heard of any Opus coming anytime soon. Consider yourself fortunate. How much are they selling the Maddie WOA?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The WOA, maduro, robusto was $7, the Opus robusto was $8.75.

They have a web site (www.tampasweetheart.com), don't know if you can use it to order an Opus, but by the time you pay shipping it wouldn't be worth it. If you want to call them -- 877-766-5387.

I also stopped in my usual shop and they told me they expected the Opus to arrive today. They didn't say how many they would sell me; it depends on what they receive.

Cheers,

Mike

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Calls for ingenuity. Encourage (non-smoking) friends and family to drop byand pick up their "one" Opus.:smokingbo

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Opus just has not done it for me, everyone I've had, has had burn issue, they keep going out, or side burn. These have all been store properly ar 65%.

J

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I have had a number of Opus over the year but have never tried one. I always seem to give them away since there are many more fine cigars on my list for smoking.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
They are "decent" for the cost straight out of the box... but with age they are pretty damn good... I have found that once they hit 3-5 years they become a hell of a lot better and if you can wait until this point then it is worth it..

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
They are good.

But all the blah, blah, blah that comes with buying them. I would rather smoke a good habano like a Monte #2 any day over an Opus.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Here's Johnny said:
Opus just has not done it for me, everyone I've had, has had burn issue, they keep going out, or side burn. These have all been store properly ar 65%.

J

They're just too oily to smoke when young. That's why you're having so many problems with them, even though you store them at 65%. Age is the key with these cigars.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
rpb67 said:
They are good.

But all the blah, blah, blah that comes with buying them. I would rather smoke a good habano like a Monte #2 any day over an Opus.
You speak the truth. Besides the taste of Habanos, I was tired of some of the blah blah stuff that went along with n/c's.

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
the Opus i had was pretty tasty, but i had burn issues with it too. the nearest REAL cigar shop doesnt carry them but id rather have a good habano or a vsg (which my shop does carry) :thumbsup:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I'm a fan of Opus with at least a year on them. Like Cliff, said they are very oily and have burn problems young. Get them at MSRP if you can otherwise they are just too pricey. Tampa has the best prices you will find. Holts comes in second

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Holts is very reasonableand they allow you four in shop. What a great spot. I do like these cigars but found the double coronas really build up the tar. You can write with things half way through.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe mine were young, I got them all in trades w/ local herfers, but half of them I sat on atleast over 1/2 year in my humi and how long they were in my buddies I don't know. The Power ranger kept going out, I told the giftor he was suprised, this was also dryboxed a couple of weeks as well.

Beside my opus experience, I'm just not a Fuente ho.

J

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Only Fuentes that Im crazy about are the Hemmingways. I have only had one Opus and it was ok. I have one more in my humi from a recent trade and will let it sit for awhile. I look foward to giving it another try.