What's new

Opened the SW Maddy

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
box 4 the first time in 6 months and guess what I found?...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Bloom all over the remaining cigars. Like someone left them out and didn't dust for a year or so. lol That wrapper continues to amaze me! Anyone else find this lately on theres?

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
smoke one and let us know how they are. I and a couple of guys here have recently and we all agreed they are not once they once were.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
smoke one and let us know how they are. I and a couple of guys here have recently and we all agreed they are not once they once were.
I agree. I smoked about 6-10 of these when they were fresh and they were mind blowing. I smoked my second to last one on July 4th and it was good in a different way. I picked up a faint red wine note along with blackberries and cocoa; the initial spice was pretty much gone though.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Yep, they are def losing something...still great flavors, but the great pepper/spice that was there is hit and miss now :(

~brooks

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Yep, they are def losing something...still great flavors, but the great pepper/spice that was there is hit and miss now :(

~brooks
Is that just the SW MADDY or the regular SW?

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I will agree that they lost something. Spice(aka Ninja kick to the throat (TM) ) is def gone. But the last one I had a month ago was still full of flavors. And that blackcherry note was still there which I love. Pics aren't worth it. Iphone almost positive won't pick the bloom up and 3 out of the remaining 6 are prob going to be burned today w some guests coming in.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Alright... I'll show my newbishness.

Bloom? What is this?
It's the prelude to Ploom. When the cigars oils leach from inside and on the wrapper and turn to crystals. Nothing more then showing a cigar has been aged properly. Rarely do u see ploom on young cigars 1-10 years of age. Sometimes bloom will come out at a earlier stage showing the cigars potential for ploom in a few years. Doesn't meen the cigar will be the greatest thing since sliced bread either though. Just that it's been aged properly.

Sin

Living the Dream
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Glad they are aging properly; I actually don't mind the mellowing out of cigars but they don't tend to last that long ;)