What's new

OPINION: LP no. 9 or T52 Robustos or Toros?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I prefer the T52. I found it to be stronger, with a perfect balance of pepper and spice.

But really, you can't go wrong with either of them.

As for what Steve said, I was unaware the T52 could look anymore beautiful, dark, and oily. I'll be picking up more T52s when they ship.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Would anyone consider the no. 9 a morning, noon or night smoke, where as the T52 is more of an evening after a full stomach cigar? ;)
I wouldn't smoke either before lunch because I think they're a little too strong for that, but thats just me. IMO, they're both perfect after a nice, big dinner.

Regards,
Randy

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
OK, local shop didn't have both of the same size but I think it'll do.

I just tried a Torpedo #9 last night. Great cigar! Full for sure, but it had some nice transitions and a some spicy moments too. Awesome!

This afternoon or tonight is the T52 Toro's turn.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Goto give the nod to the #9. The 52 can have a little too much kick for me depending on the situation although I have both ready to fire at a moments notice!:glassesgr

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I thought the same thing but when I got to the B&M, they had no DE (aside from JAVA). I walked out with my first Casita Criollas instead... not a bad consolidation.

aroma

Luva Sweet Easy Retrohale
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not 100% on-topic, but I can't resist - gotta post this photo, since it's so pretty - my first box of T52s.

jebloom22

Master Blend
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are both great cigars, but while I typically prefer earthy over peppery, I find that the T52 is my favorite of the two.

As for sizes, I enjoy both the toro and the robusto. Difficult call, but I'd probably decide based on how much time I have to smoke.

For a few bucks less, the Undercrown is a great smoke for the price. Like the T52, it is made from stalk-cut tobacco, however its leaves are from a different layer of the plant than the T52, which receives the very best.

Drew Estate has a real winner with these 3. They've very quickly moved up in my rotation.