What's new

Opinion on sampler

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just going to order these cigars and i wonder if you can tell me if its a good sample as US cigars are not that known to me. They deliver to the UK which most US cigar sites don't. I imagine they're better deals out there but not all deliver to the UK so it's more on the cigars rather than the price with shipping that I need your opinion on.

1 Cohiba Robusto, 1 Creme De Jamaica Robusto, 1 Don Tomas Dominican Robusto, 1 Don Tomas Special Edition #300, 1 Excalibur Epicure, 1 Helix X550, 1 La Floridita Pancho, 1 Macanudo Hyde Park, 1 Olor Fuerte Robusto, 1 Olor Rothschild, 1 Partagas Robusto, 1 Punch Gran Cru Robusto, 1 Rafael Gonzalez Robusto, 1 Ramon Allones Gustoso, 1 Sancho Panza Valiente

cost: $34.95 Shipping: $17.85 = $52.80

Cheers in advance

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I really have no idea but I would be more than happy to pick up some samplers for you locally and ship the "hand made gifts" to you.

Hambo

I'm Cigar-a-licious
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i don't know about each cigar, but at that price you are paying like $3.50 per cigar. Not a bad deal if you find a few you like. And find a few that you will never try again.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I agree with Hambo at 3.50 a cigar that is not that bad, but there will definetly be some in that group that you will never smoke again and that is fine but hopefully the ones that you like outweigh the ones that you do not.

I can garuntee you that if you find a sampler that you want from a company that does not ship there there will be a handful of brothers willing to buy the package for you and ship it... just a thought though

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I don't know Johnny...I think you could find some MUCH better samplers out there. The whole shipping to the UK thing is a problem I'm sure...but for 3.50 a cigar...just seems a little steep. First off, I'd avoid the NC Cohibas. They aren't bad, just not worth the money. The Excaliburs tend to be good cigars, and for a Macanudo the Hyde park is a great cigar. Very mild. I have a buddy who loves them. Never liked the NC Partagas brand, just not my style. Didn't know someone outside of Cuba was using the Ramon Allones brand and the rest I've never heard of (besides the Punch).

Anyone know if JR's ships internationally? Dang...just about everyone I check doesn't...that sucks...
Check out www.mrbundles.com, they ship internationally...hmmm...not seeing samplers though...I'll keep looking and post more if I find them.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cheers everyone.

I've seen Mr. Bundles and he does ship internationally but again no samplers. It's hard for me to know what a fair price is for a US cigar as all the ones I usually buy are Cuban and cost 6 to 8 pound a stick or are usually Dutch or King Edwards / Phillies in the UK shops!!!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Again a great looking site, but not knowing enough about US brands completely confusing, that's why when I see what i think is a cheap sampler I just buy it and hope!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If it's not contravening site rules I can say which site seems to have the most samplers and sends to the UK and then maybe you can give me your opinion on the best sampler from that site.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
what type of sampler are you looking for? strong/medium, special flavor or just a wide array?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
No rules against mentioning NC cigar sources as far as I remember. And if my memory serves, CI does NOT ship internationally. Amazingly enough.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
OK, to be quite honest, I think you'll be tossing money out the window Johnny. It looks like it's made up of a bunch of "house" brands with a couple of names thrown in. If you like Torano and Ghurka I think you'll be disappointed in these. I'd keep looking. Couple of things you could do:
Check out CigarsInternational.com or JRcigars.com, two of the best out there (IMHO) at samplers and such with CI getting the edge for samplers. See if anyone's willing to ship them out your way for you.

OR

Post an ISO in the Trade forum asking for a sampler. I believe this board is somewhat short on NC smokers, but I'm sure someone can help you out, and your bound to get a much better selection.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Jwrussell said:
OK, to be quite honest, I think you'll be tossing money out the window Johnny. It looks like it's made up of a bunch of "house" brands with a couple of names thrown in. If you like Torano and Ghurka I think you'll be disappointed in these. I'd keep looking. Couple of things you could do:
Check out CigarsInternational.com or JRcigars.com, two of the best out there (IMHO) at samplers and such with CI getting the edge for samplers. See if anyone's willing to ship them out your way for you.

OR

Post an ISO in the Trade forum asking for a sampler. I believe this board is somewhat short on NC smokers, but I'm sure someone can help you out, and your bound to get a much better selection.
J/k

Don't worry, I have Johnny addy now. :seesaw:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've started a fight now, good job I'm on this side of the pond. I take it by some of the replies that most would like it the opposite way around and have Cubans easily accessible. I love Cuban cigars but i also like trying new things and the samplers in the US look very cheap and varied. I suppose it's because i can get Cubans easily that i want to try the NC (sorry) cigars.

P.S.

I can't get the smilies on my post, if i click on them it takes me to the top of my page!! HELP!!