What's new

Opinions of the Following Cigars Please...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard some good things about these but cannot seem to find them at my local shop. So before I drop some cash on any of them I wanted to know:

Has anyone ever tried any of these cigars:

Flor de A Allones Allones No 7
La Rosa Especial Piquin
Onyx Reserve Robusto

:assaultri

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
same here, the onyx is a good smoke, i havent had one in a long time (but i do have some churchills in the humi wainting for the right time), one thing that i did really like though was the texture of the wrapper.

the other 2, never had either

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
From my cigar diary: ONYX RESERVE (Dominican, CT broadleaf wrapper, Nicaraguan, Perivian and Dominican filler): yuck. Plastic taste. 2nd try: OK, mild & slightly sweet, but over-priced at $4.

Haven't tried the other two.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
It's been awhile since I've smoked one, but my past experiences with Onyx have all been the same ... nice flavor but poor construction (tight roll / plugged). They might have gotten better over the past few years - but if you do buy some, be sure to have your draw poker nearby ...

I don't remember the La Rosa Piquin name ... but do recall having a couple robusto sized La Rosas. These were probably in the medium- full range with some good flavors. They were too spicy / peppery for me though.

I've not had any Flor de Allones.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
It's been awhile since I've smoked one, but my past experiences with Onyx have all been the same ... nice flavor but poor construction (tight roll / plugged). . .snip. . .
Same here. That is the sad thing about Onyx. I gave up on them. They are a fine tasting smoke, but far too many are unsmokable making them a poor choice, for me anyway. . .

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
i've had all three brands. the 'la rosa' i had was the rothchild - a good solid smoke w/lots of tobacco flavors. likewise with the flor... still have one of each! the onyx has a pronounced coffee flavor. i've had problems with the draw, come to think of it.... good flavor though,,,

jeff