What's new

Opinions on authenticity please

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Clearly fake, sorry bro. 2 different date codes first of all. And with the 2012 code, the factory code should be on top of the date code. Regarding the warranty seal, clearly fake because the top corners should be bevelled off straight edged corners instead of round corners.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
There's also a tax stamp that looks like it's supposed to be from Spain on the box next to the bar code sticker. I've never seen that before. All boxes from Spain should have the blue circular Altadis sticker on them which this one is missing...Agree completely......

There is a gap between the text of the tax stamp and hologram, not right.....

Regarding the warranty seal, clearly fake because the top corners should be bevelled off straight edged corners instead of round corners.... ditto...does the hologram fluoresce under black light?

The bottom code (EOG - MAR12) indicates that they were produced in the La Corona factory in March of 2012....Codes are changed at random now,it IS possible this code is in use,but the stamp format is wrong.

Heads should have a 'shoulder' never a pencil point.

Bands look too shiny.

Not looking good............

Last edited:

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Although my answer was short. Didn't mean to give a non telling answer.... There was a point behind it. Once you have seen a couple of habanos your eyes will start to tell you (most of the time) if something looks bogus. Those belicoso heads should never look pointy(more bulbous and tapered evenly), wrapper leaf is hardly ever saturated with massive amounts of oil and most of the time Cuban wrapper leaf has the classic "stitching" on each example..... These should be your first clues. Boxes, box codes,stamps should always be secondary. BECAUSE real boxes and bands can be SWITCHED! Btw some monte 2s have had extremely dark wrappers the last couple years and have been great examples of flavor for that Marca. I don't agree on what the OP posted on fakes due to dark wrappers..... Fwiw.
Jfire

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Although my answer was short. Didn't mean to give a non telling answer.... There was a point behind it. Once you have seen a couple of habanos your eyes will start to tell you (most of the time) if something looks bogus. Those belicoso heads should never look pointy(more bulbous and tapered evenly), wrapper leaf is hardly ever saturated with massive amounts of oil and most of the time Cuban wrapper leaf has the classic "stitching" on each example..... These should be your first clues. Boxes, box codes,stamps should always be secondary. BECAUSE real boxes and bands can be SWITCHED! Btw some monte 2s have had extremely dark wrappers the last couple years and have been great examples of flavor for that Marca. I don't agree on what the OP posted on fakes due to dark wrappers..... Fwiw.
Jfire
Agreed about the dark wrappers for the Monte 2. The last few shipments I've received had some pretty dark wrappers and have been wonderful.

As for the fakes... is it me or do the bands look to be very glossy?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks so much guys for the feedback. Bummed to say the least. I did totally trust my source. Can't imagine he would knowingly sell me fakes but on the same hand he should know. He's not a novice. Maybe I should feel him out. He did give me a laundry list of other cc's he could obtain. Here's a single he gave me. What can you tell me about IT.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
That band and construction look much better than the #2. The #2 is highly counterfeited and when people say they can get specific cc its usually not a good sign. If u ask for an obscure line or less popular shape or size they probably cannot get it. Also there are regs for it just like any other industry and the prices are the prices and set by Habanos S.A. So it's like getting a hookup on cigarettes here you can only get em so cheap. If theyre overly cheap they're stolen and the cc equivalent is they'd be counterfeit.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I can easily slip the bands off the cigars. They're well humidified. Not cool I presume.
Well what would be not cool is slipping the bands off and trying to resell them as authentic without the band. If its still a good smoke it's still a good smoke. I just wouldn't buy anymore from that source. My first counterfeits I took the bands off and when the guys came over ( you know the ones that leave half smoked sticks and only smoke because u look so cool when you smoke) they are in a humidor that I point them to "take whatever u want out of that one"

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
The guts! WTF am I looking at! What's that white chit mold!?
And that guys... is why I wonder why the hell anyone would knowingly smoke fake cigars when you have absolutely no clue where they came from and more importantly, what the hell you are actually smoking.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
It's cocaine, I hear it's in all Cubans. I hear that's why they are so gooooood. :banghead:

Sent from my Galaxy S3 while getting a blumpkin!