What's new

Opinions on Pinar del Rio Oscuro Torpedo

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0

I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on these. I had one a while back and it was the same new blend with the blue band on the foot. I believe it was a good smoke but can’t remember specifically. I’ve seen some conflicting reviews that left me unsure (maybe some were on the old blend). Joe Cigar has a 2-fer today, 20 cigars for $39.99. I don’t really have a cigar budget right now but it seems like a good deal and I’m trying to decide whether to pull the trigger or not. Is it just a budget stick? Any comments on these sticks and this deal would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

http://www.joecigar.com/

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I like the old blend better, the levels of flavor are more distinguishable and richer, but out of all of the re-blends the Oscuro IMHO is the best, especially with a little time on them. At that price it's a no brainer, they're still a really good smoke.

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Thanks guys. I have a bunch of cigars in my stash that I like and others I have yet to try so I’m not hurting for smokes. I’m just trying to determine if these are good enough to justify buying more smokes now or wait and see if this deal pops up again in the future. As I said, I really don’t have a cigar budget right now and shouldn’t be spending ANY money on cigars (even $40) buuuut………… Decisions Decisions Decisions!

:devil: :scratchhe:angel:

Thanks for the input.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
yes you should be able to find a similar deal eventually. not even that far between actually. are they worth buying: yes. are they worth stretching your budget: only if you actually needed smokes.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Oscuro is the best of the new blends. It's not the most complex smoke on the block but i consider it a hidden gem. Smoke good out of the box and get better with some age. at $2 a stick it's a steal

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Thanks guys. I have a bunch of cigars in my stash that I like and others I have yet to try so I’m not hurting for smokes. I’m just trying to determine if these are good enough to justify buying more smokes now or wait and see if this deal pops up again in the future. As I said, I really don’t have a cigar budget right now and shouldn’t be spending ANY money on cigars (even $40) buuuut………… Decisions Decisions Decisions!

:devil: :scratchhe:angel:

Thanks for the input.
Rick you can catch these on the cheap almost on a regular basis albeit most times packaged with their Classico and Sun Grown brethren. Shoot me a pm and I'll be more than happy to send you a sampler so you can judge for yourself the next time they pop up.

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Rick you can catch these on the cheap almost on a regular basis albeit most times packaged with their Classico and Sun Grown brethren. Shoot me a pm and I'll be more than happy to send you a sampler so you can judge for yourself the next time they pop up.
Mike,

I appreciate your offer but no need to trouble yourself. I’m pretty sure a buddy of mine has a fiver or two of these that he’s been letting sit for a few months. We’re always tossing sticks back and forth to try so I’ll probably get to smoke one soon. Problem is I won’t see him until at least the weekend and I’m just deciding whether to jump on this deal today or not.
Since it sounds like you can get a good deal on these frequently, I may hold off a bit since I have plenty of other smokes right now. MAYBE:stretchgr

Thanks again for your very generous offer.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
They're okay, the Oscuro are my least favorite of the PDR I've tried. They come up for fairly cheap quite frequently so finding a good deal again isn't something you should worry about. I'd probably pass on the Oscuro if it were me...not if it was the Sun Grown, that's a different story :grin:.

Dan