What's new

Opps. Wine-Cooler-a-dor problem

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well as some of you know I bought a Wine Cooler (28 ct) to battle my high temperature problems. Thinking I could get by putting my humidor IN the wine cooler, and leaving a few shelves open for my girlfriend's wine.. all would be good.

I've been testing the wine coolers temperature ranges and have a box of baking soda in there to vanquish the plastic smell.

Today, like 20 minutes ago I tried to fit my humidor in there, it's only a 150ct humi.. so I didn't think much of it. Low and behold, it doesn't fit width wise in the cooler. If I turn the humi sideways, so it fits depth wise into the cooler, it still doesn't fit.

I'm in a pickle now. I think I'm going to end up having to get a ton of cedar boxes to move my sticks out of the humi and into the Wine Cooler. Which also means I'm going to have to humidify the whole unit..

Does anyone have any cedar boxes they are willing to part with? I guess I need to start somewhere.

-Ryan

PM me if you have any to sell or whatever.

:blob:

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Sorry for your predicament, but heres' another good rule to follow ... especially when building a project:

Measure twice, cut once. :skew:

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
or as for booze and smokes.. buy storage twice as big as you need... you will use it..

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
YOu can try to pick some up from your local b&m....I pick up boxes for free or very nearly free at my local store whenever I need some.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid a dollar/ea for a few boxes at my B&M yesterday. Hopefully this will get me started.

On another note, I wired two 80mm computer fans into my cooler last night. It cools down way quicker from ambient room temp, but doesn't get AS cool (66 vs 63). I think it's the fans drawing air through the drain plug. Although I'm only speculating.