What's new

opus in a bottle

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
A friend of mine had me pick one of these up for him back in 2010. I think it was less than $200 at the time, but he had found one of the cheapest stores in the country, and waited till I was near it. I know he smoked it within the year.

Xingpao

Tobacco Whore
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I'd much rather have a box of 9s, but that's what makes the world go around- different strokes for different folks. Go after what you like and enjoy the hell out of it!

When in doubt, smoke
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
A friend of mine had me pick one of these up for him back in 2010. I think it was less than $200 at the time, but he had found one of the cheapest stores in the country, and waited till I was near it. I know he smoked it within the year.

It was less than $200, closer to $160 I think. And it was all just good timing you happened to be in that particular area when I found that shop. I did end up smoking it a couple of months after I got it, just bought a house so what better reason to light up?

The calvados is good and pairs well with the Opus. Haven't had a nip in a while so memory is fuzzy on it and I haven't had anything to really compare it to so can't comment on the booze to well. But it's smooth and goes down easy. :)

The X... it's as good as you'd expect. Smooth and silky, it's like an Opus X should always be... sheer bliss made better by the brandy.

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0
I've seen these in different places and have always been tempted. Let us know how it was if you cave to the temptation.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I recently received one as a gift from a friend...

Cool looking, no doubt, but I opened it up, and the stuff inside is not too my liking...tastes kinda like paint thinner to me...

Will smoke the cigar at some point, prob for a review, but I am in no hurry...

~brooks

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
They have probably two dozen of them at the shop. Opus if you go pick one up let us know what you think.

I managed to keep my money safely secured in my wallet last night. Which was a little difficult after a few of those Mephistopheles beers. Didn't realize those things were almost 16.5%

gibble, not a special night. But at some point a cigar becomes too expensive to hold onto and last night would have been as good a night as any :glassesgr

Cheers :ccool:

When in doubt, smoke
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's not $200 for JUST a cigar, you're also getting a bottle of calvados as well. It's like paying... I don't know, random numbers, $75 for the cigar and $125 for a bottle of booze and getting it in one shot.

If somebody wants to drop $200 on it and they have the cash to spare then I say why not. It's a pretty cool thing to have. The whole box and bottle presentation is really nice and I got the empty sitting on top the liquor cabinet with the box on display. Plus I figured the novelty of it was pretty neat and being an Fuente fan, this was kind of something worth having. To each their own I say.

Tiburon

Apprentice BOTL
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It's like keeping a trophy wife *and* gf then not wanting a 3some. I will never understand. Money just gets spent. Cigars just get smoked. Guns just get fired. Rinse and repeat. A LOT.
This could be the single greatest post in the history of message boards and the internet. I just can't even compete with this...my life is now complete. I'm simply not worthy.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This could be the single greatest post in the history of message boards and the internet. I just can't even compete with this...my life is now complete. I'm simply not worthy.
This actually looks like you would have your *gf* and your *best friend* and your *best friend* is doing your *gf* from the back side while you are watching.... hey to each their own.. I would prefer to drink the brandy and smoke the cigar!

Tiburon

Apprentice BOTL
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This actually looks like you would have your *gf* and your *best friend* and your *best friend* is doing your *gf* from the back side while you are watching.... hey to each their own.. I would prefer to drink the brandy and smoke the cigar!
I think the point of the quoted post was not understanding why you'd want to "collect" such an item--that the whole idea of a fine brandy is to drink it and the whole idea of a fine cigar is to smoke it, not look at them on the shelf, regardless of the pretty package it comes in.

Sent from my BNTV250 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seems like most Opus people go through phases... buy and collect all the different kinds of sizes of Opus they can find, let them sit in their humi and stare at how many different kinds they have not wanting to smoke their "rare" cigars, realize they spent way too much on them, sell them to buy other cigars they know they like to smoke.
Seems about right... I'm still in the collecting mode...:innocent: