What's new

Opus X Cufflinks

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
This is basically Expensive swag and just another avenue for Fuente to exploit their High demand Brand and generate dollars, and rightfully so, God bless America. Just not my cup a tea, I wouldn't pay hundreds for st dupont/brietling cigars nor would i pay the same Fuente cufflinks ….I can see the market for them and not to say they are not quality links... but come on now….

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
I wear cuff links when I wear a suit, as all of my dress shirts have French cuffs. Those cuff links are nice, but not my cup of tea. But, I'm not the one possibly dropping $500 on them. I do like my Montblanc cuff links, cuff links serve two purposes. Holding cuffs in place and adding some splash like jewelry,

A watch and lighter offer more though. Both provide the splash of elegance, they provide a service to the buyer and they last a long time if well cared for. So, it all comes down to preference. Elegance has it's price. Lol.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
What kind of metal are they made of and is there anything to them like a encrusted diamonds? I guess I personally couldn't see myself paying that much for some forged and painted cufflinks.

M.W. these have a function to them...

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Despite the peanut gallery, wouldn't something like this be similar to buying a DuPont lighter or Brietling watch or any high end jewelry?
My personal view on that comparison: no. Those other two have mechanical attributes that contribute to the price. At least in my head, something that actually does something is easier to justify than something that is aesthetic from start to finish.
^^^ This.

Would I rock them? Hell yeah!
Would I buy them? Hell no!
Pay $500 to advertise someone else's logo for them? Really?!
Unless they are rare metals or precious gems, you're likely buying an $8 pair of pewter/enamel cufflinks and a $492 sign that says "Buy Fuente"
A high-end watch at least has some backing to the price in the man-hours that go in to hand crafting and assembly. It's the same reason I could never get behind putting money in to Nike or Oakley. But that's just my $0.02.
For comparison, I'm pretty sure my custom wedding cufflinks, made from silver and fossilized dinosaur bone, came in closer to the $100 mark and didn't come off an assembly line in China...

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
The proceeds from the sales of these also benefit the Fuente charity from what I was told by the rep. There were 1000 set of each color (red & blue) made and they are handmade pewter. I am by no means trying to justify any function of these, but I personally like them and could see rocking a set. Of course I'll most likely spend that money on smoking Opus X cigars instead, lol

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After long deliberation, I just pulled the trigger on a pair of these. They have a retail of $750, but found a pair for $375 NIB. I have a little buyers remorse right now, but I'll be over it soon I hope lol. This will be my Christmas present to myself.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I think cuff links are classy, and it's a kind of attention to detail thing that's right up my alley. Having said that, I don't own any cuff links, and no shirts that would accommodate them...:/

Very cool though!

My dad wore them all the time, and as a kid I remember looking over the collection he had in a leather box in his top drawer....Brings back memories.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Sure, they are cool but I only wear cuff links with my tux when I'm cruising. My line of work is far too conservative for the wearing of cuff links. If I work cuff links daily and was a huge Opus X fan, then maybe I'd do it. Or if I owned a cigar shop.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
For me to own those cufflinks would be like putting lipstick on a pig. The suit, shirt, tie, shoes and watch I'm wearing today combined don't cost that much.