What's new

Opus X Fuente Fuente

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This cigar was a gift from JMMARICH from some time back.

And I must say it was a fantastic cigar. Excellent construction, burned very well, lots of smoke, and a super taste.

I give it a big thumbs up.

Gummi Bear

Righteously Indignant
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
*blows the dust off of this old post*

Well, these cigars have been a smash hit with the crowd that I hang out with, so on a very strong referral, I got one to try.......

It was smooth, great taste (kind of nutty, and woodsy(evergreen), and had a sweet aftertaste.

It was a booger to keep lit, it kept going out, even though I was pulling on it pretty hard.

This is a 2004 cigar, I bought it from a local shop (Grapevine), who had recently aquired a few boxes in an estate sale. They were aged perfectly, it smelled teriffic pre-light.

I made it 2/3 of the way through, and I had to let it go out. After I put it down, I got tingly all over, and I felt drunk (I quit drinking over a year ago). I'm still feeling woozy, and it's been nearly 2 hours since I set it down.

Mercy.

It affected me like no cigar ever has. Even the Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve Maduro didn't make me feel this weird. :bigeyes:

My review brings to mind a Rodney Carrington tune: "She's more of a man, than I'll ever be"

PS - I'm going to try to finish that sucker tomorrow, I'll report back how it goes.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
It was fun watching that cigar hand Gummi his ass in his hat. LOL! He didn't move from his chair for a good 30 minutes. Hee-hee!

Frank N

CFL
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
After sitting there for a while, he looked over at me and asked "Did it just get brighter in here?" LMAO. "No" He just grumbled something about that damn cigar kicking him in the nadds.

R

RX2010

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
:rofl:

don't feel too bad gummi

a few weeks back I went to the shop and had a DOn Carlos Robusto... I did well enough, but the game wasn't over yet

so I picked up a little AF SUn Grown.... I uh... had to "run home" about half way through, once home I just layed on the floor for about 20 or so minutes... F'd me up

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
:rofl:

Those Opus get the veteran smokers too!

Oh, it might not taste so good tomorrow

Gummi Bear

Righteously Indignant
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm happy to report that the second time around, it didn't leave me rolling on the floor crying for mommy.

I enjoyed it while I grilled a couple of steaks for me and my brother. After dinner we each had a CAO Black. That was nice.

While the Opus X was enjoyable (in fact, it was damn good), however, the effect it had on me was not quite what I'm looking for in a cigar. I'll be careful who I recommend them to...:stretchgr

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I'm happy to report that the second time around, it didn't leave me rolling on the floor crying for mommy.

I enjoyed it while I grilled a couple of steaks for me and my brother. After dinner we each had a CAO Black. That was nice.

While the Opus X was enjoyable (in fact, it was damn good), however, the effect it had on me was not quite what I'm looking for in a cigar. I'll be careful who I recommend them to...:stretchgr
Try one of the smaller ones.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had my first Newyears Eve (a gift form WTJVJ) I found it to be a fantastic smoke that left me a little lightheaded. Because of the weather outside, my wife allowed be to smoke in the house. She commented on the aroma and called it pleasing. great smoke, wife approved, I got to get some more:thumbsup:
Don