What's new

Opus X Lost City question

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
So I recall when the FF Opus X Lost City first came out, that some of the vitolas were "Lost City" and others were actually just regular Opus Xs with the Lost City bands. I know the Phantom/Lancero is a regular Opus, but besides that one does anyone know which are just regular Opus Xs and which use the "Lost City" tobacco?

Thanks!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I thought the discussion always centered around the Lancero and Love Story, but I always thought it was just unsubstantiated rumor based off the fact that they were the exact same size.

If anyone has proof, though, I'd be interested in hearing.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I was told the Lancero was a regular Opus. No hard facts to prove that.
It says right on their site:

After the movie was shot at Chateau de la Fuente, the tobacco plants were harvested and have been aged. Carlito Fuente has created very special cigars from these 5-year old tobaccos: Fuente Fuente OpusX The Lost City. All cigars made with the tobaccos planted for The Lost City come with the black bands.

In addition, Carlito Fuente is releasing two rare, aged FFOX cigars in a tribute to Andy Garcia and The Lost City: Fuente Fuente OpusX Lancero and Love Affair which come with the red bands.

http://www.fuenteagedselection.com/main/product/lostcityhumidor.htm

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Thanks Brooks! I've never smoked a Lost City, but have a chance to get some of the Lanceros so I wanted to confirm that they were the regular Phantoms. I loves me some Opus :)

--Certified Lancero Ho

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I was told the Lancero was a regular Opus. No hard facts to prove that.
It says right on their site:

After the movie was shot at Chateau de la Fuente, the tobacco plants were harvested and have been aged. Carlito Fuente has created very special cigars from these 5-year old tobaccos: Fuente Fuente OpusX The Lost City. All cigars made with the tobaccos planted for The Lost City come with the black bands.

In addition, Carlito Fuente is releasing two rare, aged FFOX cigars in a tribute to Andy Garcia and The Lost City: Fuente Fuente OpusX Lancero and Love Affair which come with the red bands.

http://www.fuenteagedselection.com/main/product/lostcityhumidor.htm
Learn somthing new every day. Thanks.