What's new

Opus X Love Affair

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
My local B&M just got some of these in so I decided to smoke my lunch today. These were supposed to be a limited release type deal and it just so happens they got a box of their own. The vitola has the same shape as a Hemmingway short story or a BTL...I fired it up and got an unusual sweetness that I have not had in an Opus...like a black cherry taste..I got hints of spice but not over bearing like I usually get with fresh Opus. It didn't change up a whole bunch but I gotta tell you I really didn't care. That deep sweet cherry flavor I really enjoyed. Burn time was approx 45 min. :cbig:

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Sounds like a nice smoke, I look forward to trying one of these. Thanks for the review

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
re: Love Story vs Love Affair

I cut & paste this from another forum. I can neither confirm nor deny the facts contained within -

the opus love affair is the opus love story.
The story I heard, a few times actually (and my memory of the details still may be a little off) is that they were called love story before a trademark dispute with R&J who apparently took the love story name for their own cigar. So to resolve it, fuente changed theirs to love affair. so if you have the opus love story it's the original release. love affair, new release.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
it's too bad that fuente can't put info out like pete does in regards to his products. there is an amazing amount of people that have talked to "someone who knows" but yet they all have differing information.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being in the industry, I will confirm this story. The originals had "Love Story" on the cello but the new ones are the "Love Affair." though this is not printed on the cello. Yes, they are fantastic, no I don't have any more;((

re: Love Story vs Love Affair

I cut & paste this from another forum. I can neither confirm nor deny the facts contained within -

the opus love affair is the opus love story.
The story I heard, a few times actually (and my memory of the details still may be a little off) is that they were called love story before a trademark dispute with R&J who apparently took the love story name for their own cigar. So to resolve it, fuente changed theirs to love affair. so if you have the opus love story it's the original release. love affair, new release.