What's new

OpusX power ranger...

Puff13

Stogie Buster
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
this was gifted to me by Ohpus...thanks

this was a beautifull cigar great wrapper and great smell..upon the first inch or so there was sort of a bland tase,but that quikly went a way..it started to pump out a vast arey of flavors ,to complex for me to put my finger on,this was a very nice tasting cigar ,it was a lot of flavors at once,i really liked this cigar and ill say if you have never tried one do yourself a favor and pick one up ,at least once....great cigar...thanks Ohpus...

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I have a few of these but haven't smoked one yet. Like avid I am waiting and seeing what some time will do.

scottsins

Official BOTL Consigliere
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Rather one dimensional coupled with nicotone overload.
that's a pretty huge generalization to make about the entire line, given that I've smoked one out of each release, immediately after release and noticed HUGE differences. Age does matter, as does the typical release.

That said though, I think you're pretty correct. They are one dimensional, as are most NC's, IMO> Personally though, I LOVE that dimension!
\
I realized that your critique was on the lack of complexity and not actuialy flavor, etc. You were 100% right about that, and I don't know if age will add dimensions.

My favorite ever, BTW was a Perf. No. 5 from one of last year's releases and it was like smoking a bag of red hots. i loved it, but again, it wasn't complex.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
avid toker said:
Rather one dimensional coupled with nicotone overload. Got lots of these but waiting to see what age will do to them.
I have some of these with about a year and a half of age on them, They only get better with time. very small changes in smoothness and flavor profiles but as small as the differences are they make a world of difference.

-Ryan

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
avid toker said:
Rather one dimensional coupled with nicotone overload. Got lots of these but waiting to see what age will do to them.
WOW!! Now I would say a maconudo is one dimensional. JMHO, but opus x cigar changes with every inch. Yes spice dominated this smoke of all size but it changes from leather, to raisen/prunes, to nuttiniess, to pepper, to dark roasted coffee type flavors. WIth age, the nicotine factor changes drastically, so you get even more pronounced but sublte flavors that blend into each other. Again, JMHO.....