What's new

Orange Crush

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I'm drinking some Orange Crush right now. I like Orangina (which is probably my favorite orange drink) Sunkist and Hanson's Tangerine, though some people dig McDonald's orange drink :dunno:

What's your favorite?

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
The Mexicans I work with drink this. I've never tried it though. I don't drink too many sodas.

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
my favorite mixed drink (or one of them) is also called an "Orange Crush".

1 part GOOD vodka
1 part orange juice (preferrably freshed squeezed)
1 part Sprite

Yum...but watch out, they "sneak" up on you quick!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Crush: Orange Refreshment Since 1916
In 1916, Clayton J. Howell, president and founder of the Orange Crush Company, partnered with California chemist Neil C. Ward to incorporate the company. Ward, a beverage and extract chemist, perfected the process of blending ingredients to create the exclusive formula that yielded the zesty, all-natural orange flavor of Orange Crush. J.M. Thompson of Chicago is recognized as the original inventor of Orange Crush in 1906.

C. J. Howell was not new to the soft drink business, having earlier introduced Howell’s Orange Julep. Soft drinks of the time often carried the surname of the inventor along with the product name. Howell sold the rights to use his name in conjunction with his first brand; his partner, Ward, was given the honors and Crush was first premiered as “Ward’s Orange Crush.”

The success of Ward’s Orange Crush was remarkable. By 1918, Crush was available in Canada. Just eight years after introduction, Crush had established 1,200 bottlers by embarking on a program of aggressive international expansion. In the ’20s, ’30s and ’50s, Crush advanced into South America, Europe, New Zealand and Africa.

Orange Crush was the first flavor produced by the company, and others soon followed. Lemon Crush and Lime Crush were introduced in a line known as “the Crushes” within a few years of the brand’s creation. Grape Crush was introduced in 1960, Cherry Crush in 1962 and Pineapple Crush in 1966.

In 1989, Cadbury Beverages Inc. acquired Crush USA from Procter & Gamble Co. and revived the Crush flavor line. Colorful new packaging graphics, introduced in 1991, and new Crush Tropical Punch and Crush Peach, introduced in 1992, extended the Crush flavor tradition in the ’90s.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
my favorite mixed drink (or one of them) is also called an "Orange Crush".

1 part GOOD vodka
1 part orange juice (preferrably freshed squeezed)
1 part Sprite

Yum...but watch out, they "sneak" up on you quick!
That sounds good!!!

I don't drink them enough to know the difference. Usually it is just Sunkist

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I love Orangina!
It used to be hard to find. Back in the early/mid-eighties I used to get it at a little grocery in Potomac MD. It only came in this really cool shaped bottle. In the nineties they did a big advertising push (you got to shake it!) and it got more popular. The quality went downhill and they started selling it in standard type plastic soda bottles. It's kind of disappeared again but I did find some recently in the old style cool bottle.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I don't think I've ever had freshly squeezed OJ. I sure would like to try it as long as there is not too much pulp