What's new

Orbees inexpensive humidification beads

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My grandkids got these for Xmas and they swell up full of water and then slowly evaporate and go back to their original size. I'm using them in a large tub of tobacco to slowly add moisture to the air. So far they work great. For people in dry areas or having trouble getting the RH up...these could do the job very nicely and very inexpensive.

Take a look...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been using clear ones for a while. it took a minute to dial it in. I use KFC side dish containers with slots cut in the top and, tape over them to adjust the amount of release.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using clear ones for a while. it took a minute to dial it in. I use KFC side dish containers with slots cut in the top and, tape over them to adjust the amount of release.
I've simply been adding more or less beads sitting in a flat tupperware container to achieve a certain level. You can visibly see when they get smaller to add water to fill them back up. Will try your idea also for some type of regulation.

I find there is some odd satisfaction to squeezing them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like something similar to this:
https://www.amazon.com/Rainbow-Growing-Tactile-Sensory-Decoration/dp/B071W18C3X/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1515595806&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=water beads&psc=1
I don't believe they are designed to maintain any particular RH, as are 2 way humidity devices such as Heartfelt beads, boveda packs, or similar. I hope you are also using an RH gage to ensure you don't over humidify your toby.
Yes, must use the gauge to see the results.

I find these especially helpful in a larger cubic area where it would take many packs of Boveda or Heartfelt beads to get even close. Much too costly. This is a far less expensive way to get the job done and by following what Mar L says, you can make an easy to regulate system.

Another big advantage these have over the other beads is... they become so slippery, elastic and squishy that it stimulates me in ways the other beads don't.