What's new

Ordering season is over for me!

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
As winter draws to an end, so do my purchases. I like to have things shipped in the winter time and I try to save up through out the year so I can do most of my orders now and plan on maybe 1-2 later on this year (based on the the lastest news of releases coming out, how can I resist more orders?)

All in all, I ordered 6 boxes this season - 2 cabs and 4 dress boxes.

How many of you stockpile in the wintertime?

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
If I do order over the summer, I make sure to use a vendor that doesn't ship Airmail.

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
My major runs are relative to cash influx such as tax time or June bonus. I keep an eye out for deals year round tho. I'll tell myself 20 times this year that I am done for this year as well.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
cvm4 said:
If I do order over the summer, I make sure to use a vendor that doesn't ship Airmail.
Why's that? Something about airmail in the summer that's bad? Maybe it's something that isn't supposed to be talked about? In that case n/m...just wondering.

As for me I'm very spontaneous. I look for deals, specials, what other BOTL's are selling/trading, good box splits and the like. Any dollar I can save is great for me because I don't make that much from the get go workin for the good ol dealership.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Some people shy away from long delivery times in the summer because of the heat, like Grag mentioned.

I just make sure to only order form a vendor that guarantees...the weather or season have on influence on my buying.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
MichiganM said:
Why's that? Something about airmail in the summer that's bad? Maybe it's something that isn't supposed to be talked about? In that case n/m...just wondering.
I just prefer that my incoming cigars not be out there in the heat for weeks upon end.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
MichiganM said:
Nothing secret about the heat! The last thing I want in a cigar is 100+ temperatures in some sweaty mailroom in some undisclosed location troughout the US.

That goes for any and every order of cigars.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I try to stay away from ordering once temps get up too high as well Rob. Down here in FL though, I have to chance it now and then. The cool weather period is too short!

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I didn't mean heat is hush-hush lol. If you're getting cigars airmailed they must be comin from overseas...I thought something about the summer airmails and customs or something. I've never bulked up in the winter...I always order year-round and never really had a problem. Maybe that's just me though. Of course as soon as I get them they go into a wine cooler. I try not to get too fanatical about it. Vendors have to get their cigars carted in during the summer.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
My ordering season is over for awhile since my wife just talked me into having our main bathroom overhauled. New tub, fixtures, vanity, toilet, flooring, drywall, etc.

I'm gonna miss that green tub and toilet from the 70's! :crying:

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
DWavs said:
My ordering season is over for awhile since my wife just talked me into having our main bathroom overhauled. New tub, fixtures, vanity, toilet, flooring, drywall, etc.

Maybe she'll let you lay shag carpet in the bedroom instead. :thumbsup:

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
DWavs said:

I want to re-do my bathroom too. The only thing I need done to it is a cbale hook-up and a 19" plasma.

Yeah...4 girls and 2 baths. My bathroom is the only place I get to hold on to as my own private area.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
pharmgator said:
Maybe she'll let you lay shag carpet in the bedroom instead. :thumbsup:
I still gots me my 70's carpet in the finished basement so I should be ok.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
DWavs said:
Our house was built in 1957 - we had Pink fixtures in the main bathroom - white now. Still have blue fixtures upstairs though.

wer

hmmm, I see
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's already getting ridiculously hot here, but I may try to squeek in one more order befor the real Houston heat begins :devil: