What's new

Ordering Smokeless Tobacco Online?

ThankfulJoe

Rather Be Flying
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Ok guys. For starters... I'm sorry for posting about this in a Cigar related forum. I know this may not be well received. I personally don't dip, but many of my friends out here do. Most of my friends joke around about me being the local "Cigar Aficionado" since I run the cigar club and our humidor. I've had tons of fellow servicemen ask me about where they can order american smokeless tobacco online. The PX here does occasionally carry Kodiak/Grizzly/Copenhagen but they say that these are manufactured elsewhere, and nothing can beat a "fresh metal topped cope" can that you can't get out here. All the stuff out here is usually a few months old, and apprently not the same containers etc. Anyone familiar with a website or place they can order Copenhagen or other smokeless tobacco online? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I have looked as well. I don't know if it is really HTF, or I just don't have the patience to delve through many many sites, but it appears this is not allowed online anymore. I wanted to see the price difference from up here as a large tin of skoal runs anywhere from $23-26....rediculous.

ThankfulJoe

Rather Be Flying
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
https://www.usps.com/send/tobacco-restrictions.htm?

I did find this... Apparently they have an add-on for APO/FPO as long as it is shipped Priority with delivery confirmation. There was a huge outcry when this law came out. I know families send their loved ones cans/rolls out here on a pretty regular basis as the prices/quality/selection are apparently much better stateside. Personally I have no idea how any of this works, nor do I know any of the lingo. I'll just stick to my stogies. :cbig:

Certain restrictions apply to shipments from the United States to APO/FPO/DPO addresses, check the Postal Bulletin for tobacco restrictions, which apply to certain ZIP Codes, and confirm with postal employees that Express Mail® and Priority Mail® with Delivery Confirmation™ is available to the destination.
When permitted, shipments of cigarettes and smokeless tobacco to APO/FPO/DPO addresses customers must use Express Mail® (Express Mail Military Service “EMMS”) or Priority Mail® with Delivery Confirmation; Express Mail® Hold for Pickup service and Adult Signature extra services are not available.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I didn't even know it was against the rules.

It's a code for us in my shop. People ship to you when you're out. And you ship to them when it's their turn. I couldn't have survived without my logs out there.