What's new

Orlando/Disney Next Week 10/7-10/13

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Gonna be at Disney World next week with the family, staying at the Caribbean Beach resort I guess (never been there). Anyone around to meet up for a smoke? I hear there's a lounge at Downtown Disney. Any good??

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Would love to meet you there brother, but my wife just had her major surgery. We are going to be there on the 27th, compliments of some of the most generous brothers here. I wish we could have gone when you were going to be there. I hope you have a great time.,

Sincerely,

Chef

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Brent the Fuego lounge (Sosa owned) and the Sosa Cigar company are both in downtown disney. Fuego has decent drinks but the cigar selection is/was terrible for the most part. If you want to partronize the company. I'd buy from the store and take your purchases to Fuego (the bar) to smoke. Theres literally like 2 cabinets of stuff at the bar and I dont remember anything really sticking out except some basic fuentes for like 10 bucks.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Nice, I appreciate the heads up J. Might just take my own to smoke, buy one of theirs and bring it back as a souvenir.

Has anyone golfed at any of the courses on the property? Might try and get out while we're down there, although with temps still hitting triple digits I may reconsider...

Last edited:

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Ive golfed at the Magnolia, Palms and Osprey Ridge. Palms is awesome but is closed for renovations. Magnolia would be by next choice. Absolutely beutiful as well. Osprey ridge is nice but not for a accomplished golfer like you!

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
There is a petition out there to save Sosa, I believe Disney does not want to renew their lease. Facebook page about it here.

Now not to far away from you off of Sand Lake is Coronas which you will find a very nice select. I just met up with Curtis last month for my first visit there. Here is a link to their other locations as well.

Would be cool to make it up there an meet another BOTL, but maybe some of the Orlando guys will be able to.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
not for a accomplished golfer like you!
:shame: Those 6 rounds that I ended up playing this year didn't help the ol' golf game much I'm afraid. The easier the better.

I'm not taking sticks with me or anything but I see that all the disney courses rent TM stuff. Worth the $100-150 you figure?
To me? Yes. They keep these 3 courses in immaculate shape. Your mileage may vary. I brought my clubs but the blaw has used the rentals and loved them. I'd play at least one day. If you have the dime and time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free