What's new

Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky Review - PToM Jan 2016 (Pipe Tobacco of the Month)

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Gave this my first go today as I had a reason to finally crack the tin. The tin note is sweet tobacco and anise.

Pulled a few flakes to dry then rub out

Loaded up my meer Dublin and went to town

The result was a 2 hour smoke that was very enjoyable. Initially the anise was almost overpowering. It settled down and I could taste some excellent sweet Virginias and the burley added a nice nuttiness. Towards the end of the bowl I was tasting candied almonds. This tin will probably not last long.

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I'll be smoking some this afternoon! Review to follow

I love this baccy!
I get all kinds of rich Virginia flavors with this little hint of some spice I can't place. Glad I have some more slices bc I will be revisiting this stuff again very soon

Last edited:

Doc Sixstring

Patience and practice
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smoked this a bit all week and have to say it's a really great blend. The small flakes kind of threw me in the beginning, but other than being a pain to fold and stuff, the aesthetic is a nice touch. Clear separation of tobaccos and it reflects in the smoke as well, I found it rather easy to pick out the VAs from the KY. Smokes cool and dry and probably won't put you on your ass but what do I know. Solid smoke.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
This blend definitely benefits from aging. It's a shame that it's difficult to find nowadays.