What's new

Osso Bucco in NYC 1/25/05

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Anyone up for some Osso Bucco at Florio's in Little Italy, NYC? We'll be meeting for dinner and cigars on 1/25/05 at around 6:00PM. Stevenmor will be in the city next week. Let's show him how the NY/NJ crew HERF!!! :smt066

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Tentative list of attendees:

Stevenmor :smt063 Confirmed
SBP :smt109 Confirmed
Geoffrie :smt024 Confirmed
Tubaman:smt035 Confirmed
DaveC :smt020 (DJ DaveC) 50/50
Smokozuna :smt033 Confirmed

Post here if you can make it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:smt023 :smt023

I should be able to get there by 6:00.

Anyone bringing a car that can drive me to the Seaport Inn when we are done?

This is gonna be great!!!!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
stevenmor said:

Depending on the parking situation, I may bring my car downtown. We'll see on the day itself.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
stevenmor said:

I'll be driving, don't like taking the subway. I just don't know if I can let an Eagles fan in my suburban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
tubaman said:
I'll be driving, don't like taking the subway. I just don't know if I can let an Eagles fan in my suburban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin, is there street parking or do we have to use a parking garage?

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
SMOKOZUNA said:
Kevin, is there street parking or do we have to use a parking garage?
Street parking is difficult to find. I will look for a few minutes, and if I don't find anything I'll go to a garage. Expensive, but I just don't like dealing with the subway. Not a safety issue, just a preference for me.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
in re parking ...
This is the middle of Little Italy aka Chinatown. Yes, there is street parking available. Much of it is metered (bring your quarters). Towards the weekends street parkign moves from challenging to impossible with the bridge & tunnel crowd coming to town. (Oh yea - you guys ARE the bridge & tunnel crowd.)

I'll ask about preferred garages/lots - I know there are a couple in the area - but as a pedestrian - rarely care. There are two I know of Court/Grand and Bway/Grand. There's another on Court/Kenmare - I think that one's th ebest but will find out.

I also make sure to have some veal shanks set aside for us. Hmmmmmm veal.

(Hey Kev - how was the dessert - did it make it all the way - intact?)

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
geoffrie said:
I also make sure to have some veal shanks set aside for us. Hmmmmmm veal.

(Hey Kev - how was the dessert - did it make it all the way - intact?)
Will braciole be on the menu? And yes, the dessert did make it all the way home intact. Both of them in fact!!!

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Chatted it up with with Larry and he said you can try street parking but expect to be disappointed. Try it ... and when you give up ... go to the lot on Kenmare and Mulberry ... one block north of Grand.

It's $15 for the night ... but price is for cars ... Armored Personnel Carriers like Kevin's might be extra.

And lemme know if you want osso bucco or braseole ... we'll make sure some is stashed aside.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
geoffrie said:
Chatted it up with with Larry and he said you can try street parking but expect to be disappointed. Try it ... and when you give up ... go to the lot on Kenmare and Mulberry ... one block north of Grand.

It's $15 for the night ... but price is for cars ... Armored Personnel Carriers like Kevin's might be extra.

And lemme know if you want osso bucco or braseole ... we'll make sure some is stashed aside.
$15 for parking downtown is cheap!!! Thanks for the info. As for the menu, you decide what goes best with cigars.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
TTT.

With all the snow, looks like street parking will be near to impossible. Anyone else going?

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We can meet 6pm if y'all are still interested.

Street parking will be non-existent in NYC for this week probably but the lots will be cleared out.

And on the way into work today, I can say the main streets are fine ... broadway, 1st ave, 2nd ave, 14st

If I can get a head count by tomorrow morning I'll reserve the table.

Here's the confirmed list:
1) Geoffrie
2) Tubaman
3) Stevenmor
4) Smokozuna
5) SBP

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Well, I had a grand time on Grand Street.

Was very good to meet Stevemor and again having the chance to eat and herf with SBP and Smokozuna.

Some pics can be seen at http://galleries.cigarweekly.com/geoffrie/albums.php

Sorry to miss you Tubaman ... Giovanni says hello

Ok ... now here's some dirty gossip ... y'all had to see Dean over at Ferrara's pastry counter ... it was watching a stoned college kid in the cookie aisle of a supermarket. But the folks at Ferrera's were very nice ... they offer free shots of insulin with purchases of $20 or more