What's new

Other Blanton's expressions

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Any quick thoughts on the other Blanton's expressions not available in the States (...I'm currently in Japan for a couple more days...)? Saw the green label 80 Proof for roughly $35US and another one (...don't remember the label color...) for about $50 but didn't pick them up. Should I go back and grab a bottle of each or just stick to the 93 Proof US release?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
At $35, what's the harm in picking one up for the hell of it? If it's no good, save it for when bad guests come over lol
I agree with this. You could burn $35 on a bottle here that you find is not your style. I’d rather risk the $35 and find out it’s not my favorite, than head home and kick your self for not trying a bottle you may never see again.

Was the other bottle the ‘Straight from the Barrel?’ I have no idea how much a bottle of that stuff runs, but it’s gotta be worth trying. It’s one I plan on trying to find one day for sure.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'd love to hear your expanded thoughts on this.
I have tried all 3 and the original Blantons is much better than the Green, the Gold is better and more robust than the original, and Straight for the barrel is very robust in flavor and body. Yes it's hot but it coats your whole mouth with a ton of flavor with a long finish. I call it liquid candy.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have tried all 3 and the original Blantons is much better than the Green, the Gold is better and more robust than the original, and Straight for the barrel is very robust in flavor and body. Yes it's hot but it coats your whole mouth with a ton of flavor with a long finish. I call it liquid candy.
Thanks!
We're going liquor hunting today and will be on the lookout for the Gold and SFTB.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
That's a dam good price!
Enjoy.
I did the math last night and at the current rate of a little more than 112, it was $72.55 per bottle. Our exchange rate was at 109 so guesstimating that I paid closer to $75. But It costs around $60-65 for the OSB in Hawaii so $15 more for the SFTB seems like a really good deal.