What's new

Our relationship is almost at a breakup

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Big O, your kit is in transit: 0305 2710 0002 6042 4550. The postal clerk said you should have it by Friday. Let us know how it works out. :dance:

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
tubaman said:
I'd be curious also to see how this turns out, as the humi arriving in the mail is from me!! I don't want any dissatisfied customers!

I really can't wait for this to arrive. It should be coming in the mail. I'm sitting here in my bathrobe waiting for my southern postal bell to bring me my PRE SEASONED humidor. Thanks for everything...it should be coming today...hopefully.

I sit here in anticipation with my coffee and some good music. Good start to the day.

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
cf2112 said:
In high humidity areas the beads will not reduce the humidity very fast if at all, to reduce the humidity use kitty litter (not the clay type). Beads work great for bringing the hulmidity up and keeping it stable but not for reducing it. I've used beads and kitty litter and the kitty litter works as good as the beads at holding the humidity (once conditioned) and better for reducing it, imho.

Every summer when the humidty gets high I take out my humidifiers and I put in some kitty litter, I usually have to dry it (in the oven at 350 for an hour) or replace it once or twice. It's cheap enough to throw away but I like knowing they are good and dry so I dry em.
#1, whom ever entertained the idea of throwing pre-moistened kitty litter in there...shame on you. We all know that would make the humidity go up. That was not to be taken seriously. #2, does the kitty litter make it smell dusty, musty, or litterish in your humidor? I'm curious b/c if I try this I don't want to be smoking litter infused cigars. I'm not a big flavor infused cigar kind of guy.
The reason I ask is b/c when I had a cat, before I sold it to the chinese restaurant, whenever I would put new kitty litter in the tray it would smell musty and nasty and dusty.

PS-I was strapped for cash...it was the cat or a cigar. I chose the cigar.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
LMAO! Thats too funny

My g/f always says shes gonna send her cat to the Chinese place when she misbehaves!

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Thanks to everyone for helping him out. Excellent offer Fox, shows the kind of folks here.

I would like to think I did not send you the wrong Rh but it can be possible, I guess I am human and not a snake. Check your hygrometer with the calibration pack that Fox has offered. If you have a problem with the Rh still, I will send you another order to make sure the beads are not wrong.