What's new

Oust Fan Question

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
1. Can they (should they) be used in a larger Humidor? (about a 300 count)

2. How long does the battery usually last?

3. Is circulating the air good for balancing the humidity?

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
hey Boppa Wasch, They can be used in any humidor, if you have room for them, they are fairly big. Also the batterys are good for around a month or two. I just bought two of them for my new coolidor. Circulating the air in a humi is good to balance out the humidity areas, top and bottom and left and right and in between boxes etc. I'm stoked to give mine a whirl. Oh yeah the reason the batteries last long is the fan cycles on for like 20 min, off for 20.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I didn't know they had an auto-timer. I'll have to check these out for my coolerdor.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have a 120 qt cooler that I use an oust fan in, it really helps even the RH out, I found mine at Albertsons.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
ANy store that carrys airfreshners. Got my two at the local grocery. KMart also. Many thanks for the posts you guys made about these. So simple, adjustable and easy. :clap:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Go get some. But buy lots of batteries and check them every three months or so. The batteries last fairly well, but it can be hard to tell when they are dying.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Oust fans in my 30 bottle Haier fridge (which holds about 50 boxes). I have been doing some testing and those fans are just not big enough for what I have. I have much higher humidity in the lower part of the fridge than the top. I am going to upgrade to a computer fan which will be much more powerful.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1: Why not?
2: About 6 months
3: Yes

Excellent choice when you're using a passive humidifier, and don't have any access to electricity inside the box.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
1. Can they (should they) be used in a larger Humidor? (about a 300 count) One should do just fine.

2. How long does the battery usually last? Mine close to 6 months, suggest check it monthly.

3. Is circulating the air good for balancing the humidity? That is the reason I bought mine. For a 300ct humidor or any desktop size humidor, these are about perfect for doing that job. I have one for the cooler and one on the shelf next to the beads in the wine cooler.
Just make sure to remove the scented part of this unit before placing in your humidor. These are made to blow the scent as an air freshener. They take a D size batter and one comes with the starter kit.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Actually my Wal-Mart didn't have them either, Got my 2 at Target. Can't waqit to get them in the coolidor

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Just make sure to remove the scented part of this unit before placing in your humidor. These are made to blow the scent as an air freshener. They take a D size batter and one comes with the starter kit.
HB, anyone that leaves the scent bottle in shouldnt be lighting matches.