What's new

Out of CONUS

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

I'm currently outside of CONUS and have the oppurtunity to pick up some ISOM's. I'd like a little beginner's course on ISOM's if possible, including good prices and any to avoid. My Internet time is limited or I would just surf the forum instead of bugging you guys. If necessary just PM me.

Thanks,
SmoothDraw

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Continental United States. I almost forgot, I seem to remember reading somewhere that bringing a certain amount of Cubans into the U.S. is alright as long as they're not for resale. Anybody know where I could find more info on that?

Thanks,
SmoothDraw

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
SmoothDraw said:
Continental United States. I almost forgot, I seem to remember reading somewhere that bringing a certain amount of Cubans into the U.S. is alright as long as they're not for resale. Anybody know where I could find more info on that?

Thanks,
SmoothDraw
That is completely false. They are illegal. I believe in the past if you were from Cuba you were able to bring x amount back for personal consumption. That is not the case anymore.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Yea best to just buy them and leave them there. You can risk it, but I don't think it'd be worth it.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
It's also illegal for US Citizens to smoke cubans at all, regardless of where their feet are standing.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I read somewhere that if you take them out of the box, remove the bands, you'd be Ok. When asked what they are, well... that answer is up to you. You could mail the box and bands to yourself if they are that important. Probably best to throw those.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Well sure anyone could do that. I think he was talking about intact though. Still too much of a hassle when you could get them intact from a vendor.

scottsins

Official BOTL Consigliere
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I read somewhere that if you take them out of the box, remove the bands, you'd be Ok. When asked what they are, well... that answer is up to you. You could mail the box and bands to yourself if they are that important. Probably best to throw those.
if they find cigars, the burden is on you to prove their origin. Most of the time, with unmarked sticks, they'll just take them, as opposed to imposing the insanely high fines.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the info guys. I guess I'll just pursue purchase through a vendor when I'm in the states, just have to find one I guess. Although the Hotel I'm at has a fantastic view so I might just have to pour a glass of Arak and enjoy one here.

Thanks,
Smooth Draw

scottsins

Official BOTL Consigliere
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
SmoothDraw said:
Thanks for all the info guys. I guess I'll just pursue purchase through a vendor when I'm in the states, just have to find one I guess. Although the Hotel I'm at has a fantastic view so I might just have to pour a glass of Arak and enjoy one here.

Thanks,
Smooth Draw

where are you right now? most cubans sold worldwaide are fakes, so you need direction to the 'right" places.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually in Jerusalem at the moment. Any info that you can give me would be appreciated. If you wouldn't mind emailing me at connor dot odonnell at gmail dot com I would appreciate it.