What's new

Overbid of the Decade!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Joel, I appreciate your passion for this topic, but as someone in marketing in the cigar industry, I can tell you that only the big guys shoot images and many of them it's like pulling teeth to get them from them. I see more companies without images or any type of marketing than I see that have it. That job lies on guys like me who have a plate full as is. We shoot box images and use that same image for 5 packs as well. We don't sell singles so I can't speak on what every one else does. But our site clearly state whether it's a box or 5 pack, we also don't do auctions.

Most sites have some type of disclaimer aka CYA and at some point the consumer has to pay attention when they buy. You couple that with good Customer Service and at the end of the day every one is happy. End of story :)
Yet every other auction site that I know of puts up accurate photos, or if they don't have one, will say "photo not available". Cbid is the only one I know who pulls this crap. Heck, even Thompson doesn't stoop to this kind of misrepresentation. Sorry, not buying the excuse.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
What excuse? I was simply clarifying where he said manufacturers supply images, which I can attest is not true. I think it's a good thing what Joel did as well.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CBID is only selling dog rockets these days anyhow. no premiums at all. I dont even bother anymore.

FWIW their customer service isnt all that. I got two shipments in a row of high $$ sticks (back when they actually sold something worth buying) and they were both damaged from piss poor packaging. First one they replaced and sent UPS to pick up the damaged stuff because they filed an insurance claim with UPS although it was their packing methods at fault. Second one a week later they flagged me as a trouble maker and suspended my account. Not my fault they don't know how to pack shipments.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
The day I have to rely on pictures instead of words for all of the information, please shoot me.

There is human error involved on both sides but pictures are subjective. No one is bitching that the stock photo of a torpedo is used for a robusto auction...you glean that from READING. It doesn't matter what the picture is, reading is really the only job you have to do. If you suck at your job you deserve your reward.