What's new

Overwhelmed With Emotions!!!

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
So, we're expecting to deliver our first child, Anna Katherine (calling her Anna Kate) on Friday (DEC 10th, which is also RDuke's birthday!) and I'm just overwhelmed with emotions! Excitement, happiness, anticipation, fright, and intimidation are a few of the many emotions that are flooding my mind! I am very excited, but just hoping I'll be the best father I can be. We have an appointment with the Dr on Thursday and he's indicated that we may be looking at Friday for an induced delivery, but we've yet to get a solid answer. He was saying the 8th, but at an appointment last week he said he's looking at the 10th. Anway, just wanted to share that with my best of friends! Will keep you posted!

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
My oldest son was born on December 10th and he turns 10 this week.

May the Lord bless you and yours throughout this wonderful event.

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
Good for you, DAD!! I've said it many times before, and I'll say it again: Fatherhood is the most demanding, frustrating, scary, thankless, REWARDING job there is, especially with daughters. Enjoy it, relish it, treasure it, because before you know it, she'll be asking for the car keys. Then the real fun begins. Congrats! Oh yeah......buy a shotgun!

CaTeacher

BoM May 2012
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
Congrats Brian! If you have any questions, let me know. With two little girls - 8 months, and 2 1/2 years, I can relate.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Congratulations! You'll do fine I'm sure. No daughters here, only one son. Personally, I wouldn't trade a moment of the 1st 5 years for anything. It is scary at times, and you will feel lost, but you'll figure it out. I'm sure you and your wife have read every book on the market. They do help. Good luck and enjoy.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
The doctor is not making it any easier....this day, that day...uh maybe this day.
What ever the day Brian, your gonna be a Great father! Congrats again & God Bless you and your family!

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Brian, being a father is one of the greatest things a man can be!

Congrats my good friend!! :thumbsup:

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
The doctor is not making it any easier....this day, that day...uh maybe this day.
What ever the day Brian, your gonna be a Great father! Congrats again & God Bless you and your family!
He’s doing it for a good reason, which I forgot to mention! Anna Kate (the baby) has a multicystic dysplastic kidney and mamma has gestational diabetes. This has nothing to do with delivery, but she also had horrible migraines in the beginning of her pregnancy and had shingles as well! (not a breakout, but the nerve pain was horrible for her!) Further, Anna Kate measured 7 lbs 7 oz three weeks ago, which probably puts her around 9 lbs now! She also has not dropped; she lowered last week but didn't completely drop. So, due to her size, position, kidney, and mamma's gestational diabetes, the Dr has (from what I gather) been trying to get the pregnancy to go as far as possible to allow her to develop further. However, due to her size and having not dropped yet, he was planning on doing a c-section. Last week he said that natural birth may be an option, but she hasn't dropped completely.

So, long story short, he's trying to get her to carry as close to term as possible for the little one.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Bro, it sounds like your walk in the same road I did and some others. Best part is, you'll have an appointment for the delivery and the wife gets her epidural in plenty of time for it to work. Thats how it was with our first. You'll be great dad, just take it ALL in. It's a great time.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Brian, I feel like I know you know well enough from your posts and how others have treated you and I have little doubt that you will be a GREAT father.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

Best and keep us posted!

Jack