What's new

P2000

Rating - 100%
596   0   0
today i am going to share a secret with you,and not just any secret,a cigar related secret about one of my favorite cigars.
i haven't told anyone about them,because i wanted them all for myself...lol

when i was a youngster we didn't have child labor laws,we had a "if you got a kid,work him" deal,and that's how i found myself 25ft high in a tobacco barn one sunny saturday afternoon. i still remember the rich musty aged wood and the fresh dried tobacco smell to this day. which is what brings us to my secret cigar.

when i first picked one of them up,it had a firm fell with a slight give,a dark brown oily wrapper,and a smell that immediately took me back to my childhood and the tobacco barn i spent the summer working in

back then we would try to roll our own cigars by stripping a leaf and rolling it on an old board.
it would have an open end,be lit with a zippo,and cause a fit of coughing when smoked.
not like today,when i used a punch and torch,and got the flavors of the fresh aged tobacco and seasoned wood of the barn in the first few puffs

the draw and burn are excellent,and the flavors remind me of those seasoned leaves of old

very cool smoke with tastes of leather that puts pictures of the old bridles and gate hinges from the barn in my mind

i'm loving the flavors of the richly seasoned tasting tobacco as i ponder what became of the boy working in the high tiers of the barn. contemplating and enjoying a cigar that's turned creamy with old leather flavors mixed with the fresh seasoned tobacco taste,i realize that the boy never left,he lives on

smoking like a dream with plenty of cool smoke that gives a taste of old grey weathered wood on the retrohale.
it goes well with the rich tobacco and creamy leather flavors

as i got to the last couple of inches,i decided to jot down a few words,and to share my secret about one of my favorite cigars with my friends. with richly seasoned tobacco flavors,and a smooth creamy leather taste that can only be called barnyard,i think i made the right decision

nubbing it with a multitude of flavors that can best be described as twang. a word used to describe some of the best cigars in the world,and i'm not afraid to use it here. i love this cigar,zilla gives it a high 4,and we both agree that if it's not already in your humi,it should be on your must try list...
my friends,i give you the P2000 from Pinar!

i know this was a different review than my normal ones,but i hope you enjoyed it anyway!

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0
Thanks for sharing Ron. I have a few of these in my humidor that have been in there for a long time. May have to break one out today and give it a try.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Fantastic review- thank you for taking the time to share those memories. I could see the barn and the whole scene itself. You inspired memories of my own, just like how reading a great book will do. Thanks brother. You just made my morning.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Nice review as always Ron. Just want to point out that this cigar is not 100% pre embargo like one site points out. But more of the lines of 60-70%. (if that) The 3000 series was reportedly the series that was 100 puro Cuba. In case anyone goes looking.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I think I still have one of these in the humi! I may have to smoke it. It's got several years of age on it.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Thanks for the review and Pic's Ron!

I too remember many, many moons ago when the Pinar's first surfaced, supposedly made from pre-embargo tobacco discovered in a sub-basement somewhere in NYC.