What's new

Pachbell's Canon with a twist

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Bloody asian kid. Never ceases to amaze me!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5faZF1A8[/YOUTUBE]

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Can't watch it from here but we walked down the aisle to that almost 16 years ago, played on the harp by a friend from high school.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I've DJ'd weddings for over 15 years and have done my share of ceremony music as well. Sorry Alfonso, I just can't bring myself to click on it and listen!

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I've DJ'd weddings for over 15 years and have done my share of ceremony music as well. Sorry Alfonso, I just can't bring myself to click on it and listen!
It's different, yet he didn't screw up the soul of the song. Try it. :thumbsup:

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
The Canon has been done so many different ways. I thought he kid did a damn good job at it. Hell I am a classical music fan, but that was good. Sweet guitar twist. 2 thumbs up. If you like twists like that try listening to Trans Siberian Orcestra's Christmas Canon. That is a neat twist.

Personally I love the Canon done in cello! Cello has such a sweet sound to it.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Yeah, I guess that's why it's called Pachelbel's Canon! Don't I feel stupid right about now!!

Ok, how about just playing it the way Pachelbel intended!!!

because it's a cover. most people can't outdo or even equal the master. therefore, you make it your own. and when people here it, they either like it or they don't. but it's yours, and you can't deny that the kid is good. (i doubt he can play it the way pachelbel intended either.)

ps. i thought it was good

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
and you can't deny that the kid is good.

ps. i thought it was good
It's not a question of talent, and that's not what I said. If you like it, fine. That's what makes the world an interesting place, the fact that no two people like all things exactly the same. I just don't happen to like these masterpieces played in such a way. In my opinion, it cheapens the original. That is my opinion only and you are certainly entitled to disagree with me. I don't really know this artist so maybe he already has done this, but I would rather hear some of his original music. A true artist makes their own art form, not ride the coattails of others in my opinion. (This is something I wish I could do, but I don't claim to be a great artist in this regard.) I agree with you he is a talented musician. It's just not my cup of tea.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
The Canon has been done so many different ways. I thought he kid did a damn good job at it. Hell I am a classical music fan, but that was good. Sweet guitar twist. 2 thumbs up. If you like twists like that try listening to Trans Siberian Orcestra's Christmas Canon. That is a neat twist.

Personally I love the Canon done in cello! Cello has such a sweet sound to it.
I love the sound of cello as well! Actually strings in general. Nothing like a string quartet.