What's new

Packages shipped from the U.S.? To the U.S.?

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I found this post by Plume very interesting. Most of you have prolly already seen it but I feel it should get as much exposure as possible. With Plume's permission I have quoted it here...

Plume from CWise said:
I'm alarmed at a new trend of delivering Cuban Cigars by "remail" partners. There are at least 3, count 'em, 3 long time and legitimate vendors using "partners" from within the USA. One of these vendors has recently admitted that he has a partner in the US, and plans on breaking that relationship after cigars sent out by his “partner” appear to have been fakes. However, two of these vendors do NOT mention this fact and continue to sell the cigars as their own.

There are many problems with this practice (beside the shadowy way two of these vendors misrepresent the product). First of all, two of these vendors sell these cigars for the same prices as their usual stock, meaning that the high taxes they “claim” raise their prices is really more profit for them since these cigars never see their country’s shores.

Secondly, the cigars must be imported by some means. During a long discussion with the manager of a LCdH in the Caribbean, I was told that two of these vendors are trucking it in via Mexico. So how can they explain the manner of acquisition as legitimate? To say they are being acquired directly from the factories in Cuba has HUGE issues that include:

a)They could be purchased at retail from the shops which is very doubtful because at current prices in Cuba there would only be a small profit margin.

b)They may be bought at some wholesale price from the "back door" of a factory (I'm sure this is illegal) and not through an official Habanos distributor.

c)They may simply be street cigars, fake Cuban black market cigars, or worse, of Mexican or Costa Rican origin.

I would be remiss to point out that this practice does not allow these 3 vendors the ability to monitor and manage the product and quality of service. Also, even if the initial product is legit, the ability for these US partners to slip in fake cigars to boost their profit margins would be easy. In my mind these 3 vendors no longer have a solid reputation for THIS kind of business practice.

I urge all of you, if you receive product that has been shipped and or mailed from within the USA to return it and tell these vendors this practice is totally unacceptable. In the very least scrutenize what you receive on every point.

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I am sure we can all guess what the MOtive is...I for one KNOW that they remailer sends fakes. No MOre business for the MOther country.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Yes Mo is avoiding taxes and lining his pockets. Mo isn't the only vendor that does this. Damian and AE Lloyd do this also. I do not agree with this practice and will quit dealing with Damian because of it. Lets just say that someone can take advantage of the situation within a heart beat.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
wasch_24 said:
Aren't they also charging us for huge taxes they never have to pay?
Yes they are; or at least could be. I suppose they could have been purchased having paid the British import taxes than shipped to the US somehow to these store houses for easier shipment to clients.

I was actually sent product by accident from a British vendor and offered to returnin person to his US Partner who is located not far from my home. Talk about freaking out! Some of those Emails I got were absolutely hilarious with him trying to do all he could to keep me away from his guy.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
wasch_24 said:
Damian does this too? That's dissapointing.

I hope we aren't breaking the rules here.
Those in the know, know who he is. We haven't listed vendor sites. I was sad to here that about him though :crying:

I have 2 customs forms and the origin Station ID is "SCM". Now if anyone that is "in" from FedEx can tell me where that is, then we'll have proof or debunk this theory.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I got a fedex at work from Thailand last week and it entered the country through Alaska. Was tied up in customs in Ankorage.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
allanf said:
Yes, it's illegal to charge tax on....questionable goods...
You're misunderstanding something... Todd is speaking of taxes for British import/export to the vendor.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
vipe said:
You're misunderstanding something... Todd is speaking of taxes for British import/export to the vendor.
Exactly, they have to pay taxes for what they sell INSIDE of the UK. Just like some European countries have to pay VAT if they buy inside the country. But if I buy something, and since I'm not living in a European country, VAT is subtracted from the total. The UK vendor doesn't do this and that is where the controversy is coming from.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something I don't get about this whole controversy with Mo. Does he charge VAT on top of his prices? Does he charge anything over and above his listed prices? If not, I don't see what the big deal is. I don't care if he makes 500% profit or 5%- he can charge whatever he wants as long as someone is stupid enough to pay for it.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
the nub said:
he can charge whatever he wants as long as someone is stupid enough to pay for it.
Good point...It's our job to inform everyone about shady business practices, and I hope that was accomplished.

WarriorPro

Partagas Addicted
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
cvm4 said:
Those in the know, know who he is. We haven't listed vendor sites. I was sad to here that about him though :crying:

I have 2 customs forms and the origin Station ID is "SCM". Now if anyone that is "in" from FedEx can tell me where that is, then we'll have proof or debunk this theory.

You just "heard this" about him?

"We'll have proof or debunk this theory" if someone can identify what a code is on a fedex form?

I'm sorry bro but I don't think this is right at all. You first state hearsay as fact and then wait on proof from some other person who may or may not know anything about fedex?

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
If it makes any difference WarriorPro, I PM'ed Damian at CP and he never responded back even though he read the PM. Speaks volumes bro :frown: