What's new

Packages shipped from the U.S.? To the U.S.?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[/QUOTE]
Originally Posted by the nub
he can charge whatever he wants as long as someone is stupid enough to pay for it.[/QUOTE]

cvm4 said:
Good point...It's our job to inform everyone about shady business practices, and I hope that was accomplished.

So that nobody misunderstands the intent of my post, I don't see the big deal in the way that MO does business. I don't think it's any more shady than a retailer stating 'We Pay the Taxes' in their sales or a car dealer saying '$100 Over Invoice'.

He sets a price and people buy. The reason they buy is not because they feel they're saving the VAT. They buy because they think it's a reasonable price and he will deliver the goods. For his UK clients, those are probably the best prices they can get locally, whether from a B&M or an online UK vendor. Worldwide clients probably buy because of his reputation for supplying good cigars. Except for the salamone incident, I don't think anyone can argue that his cigars are less than what he advertises.

Would you expect ANY business to sell at a cost LESS than what people will pay? If you do, then you're not a businessman- or won't be for long.

All that being said, I have and never will buy from him. Simply because there are cheaper vendors.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Damian spoke to be and informed me that he DOES NOT use remailer for his cuban cigars. He only does this for his n/c stock; in which case he just gets the company to ship them for him. So you can mark him off the list because I believe his word to be genuine. I jumped the gun, and sadly that happens these days when dealing with cuban cigars and for that I apologize.

But he does use remailer for the bands or the cigars that asked to be sent non-intact. I'm not really sure which one though:

Oh Cliffird, one more thing... If some custoers order cigars to be stripped and they want the bands, this is of course i send to the U.S to a friend in sealed bubble envelopes already addresed to recepient. My friend then puts stamps on and mails out for me as it is safer.The reason for this is if I was to mail the bubble envelopes from Cayman then it would be a higher risk getting past border.

Other than that all my cuban cigars originate from my base stroe.
I purchase from Caribbean Cigars N.V who is distrubtor for Caribbean region and some parts of Centarl and South America.You and any others may view thier conatct details and who to conatct on Habanos.com

Thanks again
Damian
But intact cigars are sent from his headquarters :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Originally Posted by the nub
he can charge whatever he wants as long as someone is stupid enough to pay for it.[/QUOTE]

So that nobody misunderstands the intent of my post, I don't see the big deal in the way that MO does business. I don't think it's any more shady than a retailer stating 'We Pay the Taxes' in their sales or a car dealer saying '$100 Over Invoice'.

He sets a price and people buy. The reason they buy is not because they feel they're saving the VAT. They buy because they think it's a reasonable price and he will deliver the goods. For his UK clients, those are probably the best prices they can get locally, whether from a B&M or an online UK vendor. Worldwide clients probably buy because of his reputation for supplying good cigars. Except for the salamone incident, I don't think anyone can argue that his cigars are less than what he advertises.

Would you expect ANY business to sell at a cost LESS than what people will pay? If you do, then you're not a businessman- or won't be for long.

All that being said, I have and never will buy from him. Simply because there are cheaper vendors.[/QUOTE]

I am sorry, but your argument is wrong on many levels. He advertises his stock as EMS. The stock through the re-mailer is not EMS. That is a misrepresentation. Furthermore, No one here contended that Mo should lose money on his business. However, him selling cigars at full U.K. prices, and taxes, that he did not assume, is disingenuous at best.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[/QUOTE]
I am sorry, but your argument is wrong on many levels. He advertises his stock as EMS. The stock through the re-mailer is not EMS. That is a misrepresentation. Furthermore, No one here contended that Mo should lose money on his business. However, him selling cigars at full U.K. prices, and taxes, that he did not assume, is disingenuous at best.[/QUOTE]

As far as EMS stock, I cannot argue with that. If someone wants and expects EMS stamped and marked H&F, then they should get it. I still have not read one complaint (other than the salamones) about the quality of his cigars. On the contrary, every post has been stellar regarding his cigars. Again, I haven't ordered from him, this is only what I've gleened from dozens and dozens of threads.

Regarding his prices, I don't think we'll ever agree on that. Businesses charge what they charge. The price is based on cost of goods and expenses. Whether those expenses are masked as taxes they did not pay, management when they have little staff, or entertainment expenses with their buddies or pure profit does not matter to me. As long as I have the option to shop elsewhere. We pay for those 'expenses' and 'services' in virtually every product we buy. How many people pay for freight & 'PDI' when they buy a new car? Total trumped up 'expense'. It's free enterprise and not a monopoly that we can go back and make him accountable for his prices. If a consumer does not like the price structure, they shop elsewhere.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Yep, and people should be made aware that there is a chance that they could be getting schnookered so that they know they should shop elsewhere.

Bobbystbob

Renaissance Man
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Prince said:
MO does not pay U.K. taxes. His U.S. stock comes straight from the Island.
Just curious, how does anything come to the U.S. "straight from the island"? Wouldn't it have to come through some other country?

Bobbystbob

Renaissance Man
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Prince said:
Use your imagination.
Very helpful, thanks.
Had heard these were being trucked in thru Mexico, but wouldn't that involve importing them into Mexico which has very high taffifs?
Can't imagine just loading them on a boat and bringing them in like refuges.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
This practice is old and well known to those who have been around for awhile as are the business practices of the said ems vendor. I even think the thread is still a sticky over on CW. Bottom line is that you have to know your shit or you are going to get taken.