What's new

Padilla Dominus Review

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Padilla Dominus Perla

It's freezing outside in Pennsylvania right now. With that in mind, I reached for a smaller-sized cigar -- the Padilla Dominus Perla (4x44).

The construction of the cigar is top-notch: the wrapper shows very little veins and is covered in oils, it's dense and hard as a rock with no soft spots, and the burn was good (not razor sharp by any means, but good).

Right into the first few puffs, the Padilla Dominus puts off a ton of smoke. It's chewy and leathery. The flavors of sweet tobacco fill your mouth and leave a nice little zing on the tongue.

As it got into the second third, I couldn't help but notice the ash was almost completely black. It reminded me of the Padilla Miami's ash. In fact, the whole cigar was reminiscent of the Padilla Miami -- it had flavors of leather, earth, and a slight spice that tingled your nostrils. The Dominus is just as balanced as the Miami, but it had a little more "oomph," a little more power.

Overall, the Dominus was a good medium to full-bodied cigar. It had a good burn, great construction, and the smoke was filled with flavors of leather, earth, and a slight spice. Just don't be surprised if it's awfully similar to the Padilla Miami (which isn't a bad thing).

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I got a 5 pak of these a month ago and letting them rest. Thanks for the review and will try one of these in another month. LOL,,,love the gloves!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Dude. In the gloves. In the snow and ice. You are my hero. Awesome.

MP.

Doesn't buy Altadis
Rating - 96.2%
37   1   0
Nice review and great pics! I feel your pain with the whole cold thing and have been digging the shorter sticks lately. I'll have to try to find a few of these.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Great review, thanks a ton! I haven't had the chance to try one of these yet, but I like most Padillas so I bought a 10er blind. I got robustos, but those Perlas look sweet--I really wish they still made the 1932s in that size! Those were so good.

Boosted

War Eagle!!!
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Thanks for the review bro! I'm gonna have to go pick up a fiver of these now.

Great review, thanks a ton! I haven't had the chance to try one of these yet, but I like most Padillas so I bought a 10er blind. I got robustos, but those Perlas look sweet--I really wish they still made the 1932s in that size! Those were so good.
I'm with you on that NJ. The la perla 32 is one of my favorite short sticks to smoke. I'm depressed now that I'm down to my last 10:sadcry:

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Thanks for the review, always loved Padillas. Gonna give these a try. I actually like the Sig 32 more now than when Pepin did them. Not as much bite but IMO better flavor profiles.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Nice review, going to have to give those a shot. Luckily we don't have often have glove-wearing winter weather down here, but I gotta think that somehow smoking a good stick in those cold, snow covered conditions might have its own enhancement to the experience.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Nice review, going to have to give those a shot. Luckily we don't have often have glove-wearing winter weather down here, but I gotta think that somehow smoking a good stick in those cold, snow covered conditions might have its own enhancement to the experience.
Ha, it does, actually. If I'm properly bundled up I can enjoy a cigar in the dead of winter just as much as I would in the summer.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Thanks for the review, always loved Padillas. Gonna give these a try. I actually like the Sig 32 more now than when Pepin did them. Not as much bite but IMO better flavor profiles.
I've only had one of the old Pepin-factory 1932s, but I sure love the crap out of the current Padilla-factory ones ... so consistent, so good, and so affordable!